12.25.2011

Christmas Parties

Hello friends!  I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas!  I'm going to back up a bit and post about some Christmas parties we had this past week.  Bryant's family is all about some Christmas parties so we were busy, busy, busy for the past several days.  On Thursday we gathered with my mother-in-law's siblings and their children/grandchildren.  We had a delicious dinner and the kids exchanged gifts.
Mike and Deidra gave Miller this cute police motorcycle complete with a working siren.  We had this inside for about ten minutes before I told Bryant it needed to be an outside toy.  Miller liked to turn on the siren and leave it running even when he wasn't riding it.  If I snuck over to turn it off he'd run back over, turn it on, then run off to play.  Needless to say, I can think of about a thousand things I'd prefer to have as background noise than a police siren.  It is perfect outside though!
I got to snuggle with sweet Molly for a while.  Molly is the little girl of Bryant's cousin, Mallory.  She was so snuggleicious.

The next night we went back to Margaret's for Christmas with the Ainsworths.  The Mastin and Ainsworth families have been getting together to celebrate Christmas for the past twenty years or so.  Of course, it was much easier to get everyone together when the kids were little and the families lived right across the street from each other.  We had a pretty good group this year, but we missed Shannon, Austin, and their families.
Sorry this picture is blurry.  I need to show Bryant how to set my camera on automatic mode if he's going to take a snapshot.  It was the closest thing we had to a group shot though!
 More baby snuggles.  I got to see Malley, my sweet niece, a lot this weekend.

Saturday morning {Christmas Eve}, Margaret had her annual brunch for some of the ladies in her extended family.  We had to take the annual "kids" on the stairs picture.
And the annual adult picture.  Somehow I snuck into the kids picture even though my recent birthday makes me anything but a kid.

That evening we gathered with Bryant's immediate family and his grandmother, Betty Jo, for the Christmas Eve service at their church.  They don't have a nursery, so it's always a bit of a gamble when taking small children.  Miller did surprisingly well and loved the candlelight part at the end.  Malley was doing great as well; that is until I picked Miller up and didn't pay attention to the fact that his shoe swung right into her face.  Ouch.  Sorry Malley girl!!  Miller and Malley got a lot of playtime in this weekend.  It made me very aware of how much we're going to have to work on the definition of the word "gentle" before the baby comes in May.  Poor Malley got pushed around quite a bit.  Don't worry Malley girl, Aunt Whitney's got your back.  We're working on it.

After the service we went back to Margaret's house for a yummy dinner which was cooked by Betty Jo and a few gifts.

It was a great few days with friends and family!  Stay tuned for a post about the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment