1.05.2012

Healthy Baby & Bum House Deal

That's basically the two headlines from our week.  Yesterday, we had our ultrasound and found at that we are having a healthy {as far as they can tell} baby BOY!  We are so excited for Miller to have a little buddy and feel blessed to have received a good report from the doctor.  When I told Miller he was having a baby brother he obviously didn't get it.  Then I asked him what we should name his little brother and he responded, "Abraham".  Hysterical.  Now, don't get me wrong we've talked about Abraham from the Bible so it's not completely out of the blue.  However, we've also talked about Joseph, Noah, Jesus, Elijah, Moses, and Jacob so it's kind of funny to me that he zeroed in on Abraham.  While there are certainly worse names he could choose, I think we'll bypass that suggestion.  At least Miller has an idea though.  That's more than we have at this point.  We. are. clueless.  The good news is we still have several months to decide on a name.

I had Bryant snap a picture of me with his phone before we went to the appointment since I can never remember to get a baby bump picture when I look halfway decent.  So, here I am at twenty-one weeks.
Not a great picture, but you can see a bit of a bump.  I am pretty much past all of the nausea I had, but it still sneaks up on me every now and then.  I have started having a good deal of pressure in my lower abdomen and pain on my tailbone.  This could be explained by how low baby boy is.  The ultrasound tech could barely get a picture of his head because he is so low.  Hopefully, he'll head north a bit so that he won't fall out before May :)  This could also explain why I need a restroom every five minutes.  I had my first bout with Braxton Hicks contractions on Christmas night.  I've had them almost everyday since then, so I'm trying to hydrate and rest more to ward those off a bit.  While the busyness of Christmas might have brought those on, the food of the season helped me head the right direction on the scales.  I've gained four pounds since my last appointment five weeks ago so that's good.  So far, I've gained five pounds total.  It is so crazy to think that I am past the halfway mark in my pregnancy.  Baby boy will be here before we know it.

Now for the other big news of the week, you may recall that we were supposed to be moving this weekend.  Supposed to being the keywords.  The last few weeks have been a bit of a roller-coaster as we've tried to work towards closing.  Our buyer's loan fell through, she got another one.  The new loan required a home inspection, it went fine.  Our buyer's house got water/moisture under it last week, her buyer was unsure if they still wanted to buy it, today our buyer's buyer officially backed out.  So, we are not moving anytime soon since our buyer can't pay for our house without selling hers first.  She does still want our house and we have a contingency contract with her for now.  Hopefully, someone will come along and buy her house, but I'm not holding my breath.  So for now, I need to get my house back into order since there were many things I kept putting off until we moved.  Wish me luck in hooking up our wireless printer : /

1 comment:

  1. i had contractions my entire third trimester with my first (literally every 2-10 minutes) and quite a bit with baby #2 as well. at least the 2nd time around i knew to wait for the real pain before heading to L&D

    ReplyDelete