4.10.2012

Catching Up is Hard to Do

We've had so much going on that the thought of catching up on blogging has been a little overwhelming.  I cherish so much being able to document all of our family experiences though that I really want to try.  Obviously it will take a few posts, but I'll do my best!

A couple of weeks before Easter I got a note asking us to send cookies for Miller's school Easter party.  We were planning to move that week, so I knew that the logical thing to do was to just buy cookies from the bakery.  But what fun would that be?  So I decided to try making them ahead of time and freezing them.  I decided if they didn't thaw well, I'd go the bakery route, but at least I'd give it a shot.  My little assistant was so very helpful.  So helpful that after letting him cut out two cookies we decided it would be best for him and daddy to go play outside while Mommy finished :)
 The finished product...
{I'm happy to report that they froze and thawed very well!  I was so glad to see that this worked and will definitely be utilizing it in the future.}

The next week was Spring Break.  You wouldn't think Spring Break would affect us, but we had no school, no Bible study, and no Wednesday night church.  I decided to take Miller down to the lake to enjoy what could be our last lake trip for a while.  I'm hoping to squeeze in one more weekend before Jacob arrives, but we have lots to catch up on here first so we'll have to see.  This was Miller's first time on the boat this season and we were glad to see that he loved it!  It was also nice that he didn't have to wear a life jacket with a head support on it.  He was much more comfortable so we were all happier.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous and I was so happy to get a little sun on my pasty skin.  It was a nice little retreat before we returned to pack up and move!  More on that to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment