6.03.2012

Jacob - Three Weeks

Hello friends!  Time is flying and Jacob is three weeks old today.  He is waking up a bit more during the day.  I pray that it is just during the day and that his alertness doesn't kick in at night!!  
He has also settled down a little on the spit-up and tummy troubles.  He still spits up a good bit, but it isn't as violent and doesn't seem to bother him.  Until now he hasn't been awake long enough for me to feel ok about laying him on his back to play.  I still try to keep him upright for a few minutes after nursing, but since he's nursing faster and awake a little longer that leaves some time for awake time activities.  He seems to like his play mat, although he hasn't been there more than about ten minutes yet.
Big brother seems to like it too.
I forgot to mention that we had a sweet visitor last week.  Malley has been staying with Nana all week while Kate and Scott were in California while Alabama's golf team played for the National Championship.  They came over the play one afternoon and stayed for dinner.  I hate we didn't get to see her more, but we've been in newborn lock-down mode since my mom left :)
Jacob LOVES the new bouncy seat my girlfriends gave him.  If he ever wakes early from a nap I can put him in there and he is happy as can be.   He's spent many evenings pulled up to the dinner table with us.
In other news he finally lost his umbilical cord stump last night.  There's still a little piece hanging on, so we'll hold off on a real bath until that guy decides to move along.

We've been surviving without my mom, but we sure do miss her.  I especially miss her when I can't go back to sleep after feeding Jacob around 5:30.  Thankfully, I only had one day like that and then it was the weekend.  Bryant let me go back to sleep both mornings and it makes such a difference.  He even got Miller dressed and ready for Sunday School and Church all by himself while Jacob and I snoozed this morning.  I'm so thankful that my boys have a daddy who will be a leader and show them the importance of learning about God and worshiping Him.  It was nice to sleep until Jacob's mid-morning feeding and then to have a quiet house to get some things done.  I'm hoping to make it to church with them next week!

Miller starts his preschool's summer program Tuesday and we're all really looking forward to it.  I've been feeling pretty guilty about our lack of fun activities these past three weeks so I'm thankful he'll have some fun stimulation at least two mornings a week.  Plus it will give me some time to catch up on laundry and to tackle the grocery store with only one kid in tow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment