7.13.2012

Summertime

Sorry I've been away so long {I know you've all been waiting with bated breath}.  We've been wrapped up in newborn scheduling and summertime fun.  Ok, so maybe I've been wrapped up in that first one while Miller and Bryant have been enjoying summer.  I've barely left the house.  While I miss my usual summer tan, it is well worth it to have a routine with Jacob.  I am a schedule person and I'm much more relaxed when I know what he needs and what to expect {well most of the time, as a newborn he still keeps me on my toes ;) }.  Anyway, more on him later.  Miller and Bryant have been spending lots of afternoons and weekends in the water to beat the heat.


Last week, Miller started swim lessons.  Here he is ready to go on his first day.
He has a slight obsession with "splashlights", as he calls them.  Contrary to his name for it, he wasn't allowed to take it with him to swim lessons :)

Yesterday we were able to go for a little parents' show and see what he learned in his eight days of lessons.  Jacob tagged along and since it was during his typical fussy time of the day I was a bit concerned about taking care of him and also giving Miller my undivided attention.  Thankfully Jacob  was super sweet and barely made a peep.  It may or may not have been due to having a slight fever after receiving vaccination shots today.


Miller was so excited to see us when we walked in.  Sadly, my camera fogged up severely when we walked into the indoor pool due to the heat and humidity.  The "show" was so quick that I didn't really have a chance to fix it before it was over so I don't have any good pictures.  I had to include this one though to see how happy Miller was when we got there.
That didn't last long.  He went from confident, big boy swimmer to crying mama's boy in about two seconds.  He wanted me to sit with him and for me to hold him, dripping wet and all.  Note to self: do not wear white jeans to a toddler's swim show.  Next time, I'll be going grungy.  In addition to not being able to get any good pictures, I discovered that our video camera battery was dead as we were walking out of the door to go.  Thank goodness for smartphones.  Bryant took this little video of Miller "swimming" on his iPhone.


Obviously we have some practicing to do, but we were pleased with the little bit he learned.
In other news, Jacob is two months old today!  I hope to be back soon with his two month post!

1 comment:

  1. My first response was to "go after" the woman that "pushed" him into the pool. :) So glad we were able to swim with him this weekend and see it all first hand. He is going to be a little fish since he loves the water so. Miss you guys already.
    love, Gran

    ReplyDelete