12.15.2013

Children's Choir

Miller was able to join our church's children choir this year.  Each Monday this fall, Miller has been practicing with his age group while I helped with some of the older kids.  At the beginning of December the kids showed off all of their hard work by singing one song during each of our morning services and singing all fifteen, yes fifteen, of the Christmas carols we've been working on that night. 




 Poppy and Gran came to watch him sing that night.  He was excited to have an audience!

 So proud of my big boy and thankful that nothing too disastrous happened!

Here's a little compilation of the videos my mom took.  I was on the opposite side of the choir helping, so I felt a little helpless when Miller acted up.  At one point he was laying down with his feet stretched out about to kick over the microphone.  We were all panicked.  Thankfully he sat back up.  Whew.  Several people told us afterwards that he kept them entertained and now that it's over I can laugh about it.  At the time, however, I was holding my breath most of the concert.  We had to get on to Poppy because he told Miller to give him a thumbs up and wink at him while he sang.  It's about halfway through the video and so funny!  Although it was a long program, I'm so glad that Miller learned the words to these classic Christmas carols.  I love hearing him run around the house singing songs about baby Jesus as opposed to Santa and Jingle Bells.  We've listened to our CD a million times and I have a feeling it will be a favorite for many Christmases to come!
A big thanks to Brother Ken and Melanie for leading Children's Choir.  I can tell you firsthand that it is not an easy task and if I were in charge I probably would have quit a long time ago, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment