12.26.2014

An Early Christmas with Pop and Gran

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying a relaxing day-after-Christmas like I am.  Mid December, Gran and Pop came up for a visit and we went ahead and celebrated Christmas while they were here.  The boys were so excited to see them and it was really nice to spread Christmas out a little.  I'm not sure why I didn't think to put Jacob in one of his ten pairs of Christmas pjs, but at least he still looks cute in fire trucks.

 Look at those sweet brothers holding hands.  Melt.  My.  Heart.  Pop and MIller built the ultimate gingerbread village complete with an ice skating rink.




Love those little feet.  Jacob is always running around on his toes.  I guess he's working on those famous Mastin calf muscles.  :)

 Tinker Toys were a hit!


 Everybody got their own box of jelly beans this year so nobody had to share.


 Jacob is obsessed with this Thomas blanket Pop & Gran gave him.

On Friday night we went to A Night Before Christmas in downtown Guntersville.  Most of the shops had fun little activities for the kids.  It was a lot of fun and we were so glad to be able to go this year!
 The boys favorite activity was the horse drawn carriage.





 



 Mom found this picture of my brother and me on her computer while they were here and we couldn't believe how much Jacob resembles me.  Mom says I didn't scream as much though ;)

On Sunday we all got to see Miller sing in church with the Preschool-1st grade choir.  They sang Away In a Manger and Go Tell It on the Mountain.  Miller seemed a little shy and didn't sing as loudly as he does during practice, but he did a great job staying still and steering clear of shenanigans.  It is such a sweet sound to hear all of those little voices singing such truth.






Thanks for coming to visit, Pop and Gran!  It was a fun weekend with lots of Christmas memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment