10.17.2009

John 3:16


So how many times have I heard, recited, or read this verse in my life? Probably a million. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Sadly, since this verse has become so "common" I seem to forget how awesome it really is. Miller has truly brought back the power of this verse in my life. I love Miller in a way that I never imagined I could and the thought of giving him up seems impossible. And imagining giving him up to people I know will hurt, ridicule, and kill him - no way. But the truth of the matter is that although the Lord loved his son this much too, he loved me enough to actually give him up. Wow. Let that sink in for a minute. I will never again rush through this verse without stopping to thank the Lord. I hope you understand how much the Lord loves you too and that you'll do the same.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Whitney! We do often forget those "simple" verses! Our fall walking weather was perfect this afternoon. Too bad the mornings are still going to be chilly. Looks like it's ear muffs for me again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete