11.02.2011

Happy Halloween! (a little late)

Hello friends!  We had such a fun weekend and I hope your family did as well.  My mom and John came up for the weekend and it was so great to see them.  On Saturday we went to the Whole Backstage in town for a Fall Festival.  Miller loved all of the blow-up games and it was a beautiful day for them!
 His favorite thing to do was come in and out of the jump house since the entrance looked like a slide.
On Sunday night we went to our church for Trunk-or-Treat.  Miller kind of got the hang of trick-or-treating this year, although he rarely actually said "trick-or-treat".  When we'd approach a car I'd say, "What do you say if you want candy?" and he'd respond with "Please".  I guess that's better anyway ;)
 Ms. Sally
 Ms. Jill
Ella Kate and Miller giving each other hug.  So stinkin' sweet.

The Hawk family had a s'more station setup complete with a fire-pit.  It was such a cute idea and Miller loved it!  Here he is roasting his first marshmallow.
 Trying out his first s'more.  Mmmm....
 Ms. Janice

Joel (our preacher) and his wife, Janice, dressed up as Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth.  Hysterical.
We finished the night off with a hayride and I didn't manage to get any pictures.  It was Miller's favorite part though and he's still talking about it.

On Monday night, actual Halloween, we went to the Methodist church for their Fall Festival.  It took Miller a while to warm up to the crowd and the new place, but after a few games he was all about it.
After leaving the church, we stopped by the fire station to trick-or-treat and of course my camera battery died :(  I got one snapshot of Miller getting candy, but I didn't get to capture any of his excitement from seeing all of the fire trucks up close.  Lesson learned about checking my battery.
Whew!  I'm tired just remembering all we did this weekend!  Miller has asked me every morning if he can wear his "dog cartoon" and carry his "pumkin".  I'd say it was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment