2.16.2012

Two & a Half

I'm a few weeks late, but Miller is officially two and a half years old.  I wanted to be sure and document a few of his favorite things right now and some of our favorite things he says.  I've been putting off this post, because I wanted to include some pictures but that's just not happening these days.  Sorry folks.
Favorite song to listen to: "Noah" ("Arky Arky")
Favorite song to sing:  "Baby Jesus" ("Away in a Manger")
Favorite books: A Crack in the Track, The Thinks You Can Think, ABC Jamboree, The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Favorite Toy: train table
Favorite Foods:  milk, bananas, biscuits, cheese, avocado, raisins, fruit snacks
Some of Miller's cute words/sayings:
polka dotty (his polka dot blanket)
dat's si-yee (That's silly)
doowin? (What are you doing?)
Sure is
oh dear
baby jo (Betty Jo - his great grandmother)
baby daddy (Baby Addie - Kendall and Will's baby girl)
tomato (tornado)
Wanna cuddle mommy?
He also uses the pronoun "my" instead of "I".  For example, instead of saying "I want to get down" he'll say "Want my get down".
We potty trained Miller this past weekend and he is doing pretty well so far. We've made it a few days with no accidents and the other days he's only had one each day.  Today he had an accident at school which got his shoes wet so he was barefoot when I picked him up.  On the way home he told me he had to tee-tee.  Since I'm not really sure how long I have when he says that I pulled over and had him go on the side of the road.  So there we were.  He had on no shoes, his pants around his ankles, peeing on the side of the road.  I didn't look like a redneck at all.

We also seemed to have officially hit the "terrible twos" this week.  He usually gets a good report whenever I leave him somewhere (school, church nursery, gym nursery, etc).  This week almost every time we went somewhere he got in trouble.  Each teacher said something along the lines of, "He just wasn't himself today."  Well, after four days I think we can officially call it a pattern.  Therefore we're stepping up our discipline game and not letting anything slide.  Hopefully we'll be back on track soon.  He's also in a big "I do it myself" phase.  So that's fun.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's learning to be independent and there are certainly lots of things he can do by himself even if he struggles some.  However, there are also lots of things that at two and a half he cannot do by himself and he doesn't like that one bit.

Even though spending my days with a two year old offers many moments of frustration, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  His contagious laugh or one sweet cuddle from him can turn my day around in an instant.  Love that boy.

3 comments:

  1. aaron's "terrible twos" come in waves. it usually lasts two weeks and then we have a month or two to prepare for the next round. does miller pee standing up at home? i'm wondering if i show aaron how to do that maybe he will think it's more fun and have fewer accidents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just starting peeing standing up after the incident on the side of the road. He thought it was so fun to go outside that I thought he'd never go in the potty again. He usually stands up now, but every once in a while wants to sit down still. It's a little messier when he stands up (there's a little dribble that just can't be avoided), but that's ok with me as long as it's not a puddle on the floor :)

      Delete
  2. Good morning! It makes me smile to think of Miller saying, "Oh! Deeeaaaarrrr". I can see his smile and hear his little belly laugh as he thinks it is so funny. Miss you all and can't wait to see you, though I will have to admit that I will have to be retrained on the potty training as it has been a long time ago. I'm sure that Miller will have me trained in no time at all.
    Thanks for keeping up with the posts on his favorite things and what he is doing at this age. Give him a big hug and a lot of sloppy kisses for me..... and Pop too.
    Love you
    Mom/Gran

    ReplyDelete