3.03.2012

Rainy Day Fun

To occupy the little man one rainy afternoon this week, I turned to an activity I found on Pinterest.  It turned out to be a big hit and we'll definitely be doing it again.  A little shaving cream, food coloring, and a paint brush provided Miller with almost an hour of entertainment.
While he was working on his masterpiece, I took advantage of the time and did some really important things like snap a picture of the baby bump...
It might have been wise for me to use this time to put on some makeup.  Wow.  {Notice my broken camera strap?  I had my camera around my neck in the bathroom and my strap broke sending my camera and brand new fancy lens crashing to the tile floor.  Praise the good Lord it didn't break.  This lens is pretty heavy so I guess I'll need to invest in a heavy-duty strap.}

I also FINALLY took some pictures of Miller's big boy room.  I decided to invest as little as possible in this room since, at the time I decorated it, we thought we'd be here less than a year or so.  The only thing I spent money on are the things we can take with us like his bed, dresser, and bedding.  I won't be winning any decorating awards, but it works and at least kind of all goes together.  It's a good thing I didn't do much, because we had someone else approach us about buying our house.  We have a contract and should close before the end of this month.  Should being the keyword.  Our buyer has graciously allowed us two weeks after closing to move out since we had a closing fall through recently.  So this time around we'll wait for the ink to dry before we start packing things, etc.  Anyway, enough about all that, here's the big boy room...
I'm pretty sure we couldn't fit another piece of furniture in his room if we tried.  It's a little cramped, but it works just fine for now.  Miller is still sleeping in his cage crib for now and we use his big bed for reading books and snuggling before bedtime.  My plan is to put the baby {who is still nameless by the way} in the pack-n-play bassinet for the first few months and then transition Miller to his big bed in order to pass the crib down to little brother.  It will be awesome if I can at least keep him in there until baby boy is sleeping through the night.  It is so nice to be in control of when the little tasmanian devil is allowed out of his bed and I think it will help, at least a little, with the sleep deprivation.  We'll see if he gives me that long before he starts climbing out though.
After completing my very important tasks, I returned to find his completed project.
He had so much fun being allowed to make a mess and cleanup was a breeze.  Now that's my kind of art project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment