3.22.2012

Life Lately

Life in the Mastin house has been busy and full these last few weeks and it's only going to get busier in the weeks to come.  We are thankful that all of the busyness comes from such wonderful blessings, while so many people who are overwhelmed by sickness and other difficult situations.  We wrapped up our house plans and finished choosing most of the materials (or a general idea of them) so that we can get bids.  We met with three builders and should have bids back from them in a week or two.  The Lord also answered a huge prayer and led us to a great rental house and we are set to close on our house next Friday.  Our sweet buyer is giving us two weeks to move out so we'll spend the week before Easter packing up and moving.  I've also reached the point in my pregnancy where I am going to Birmingham every other week for my doctor's appointment.  Again, I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining because all of these things are wonderful blessings in our life and we are so thankful for each of them!

Amidst all of this, we have managed to find time to have a little fun ;)  With the beautiful weather we've been having we made our way to the park last Friday.  Miller loves the park which also happens to be on the lake where we can feed the ducks.  I'm determined to make more of an effort to go to the park before school gets out and the big kids take over.  And before it's 100 degrees.
 
We also took Miller to his first play a few weeks ago.  Our local high school put on Seussical the Musical and we had several kids from our church in it.  We decided to give it a shot and prepared ourselves to leave at intermission if needed.  Thankfully, Miller did great!  He loved it.  He got a little squirmy during the last fifteen minutes or so, but we held him over with promises of getting to go hug the Cat in the Hat, aka "Mogan".
Speaking of musicals, Miller has turned into quite a musical little child.  He sings songs all day long.  Some of his recent favorites are "Deep and Wide", "My God is So Big", "Farmer and the Dell", "The Frog Song" {I don't really know the name of that one}, "B-I-N-G-O", and "Away in a Manger".  He also wants to say the blessing for every meal.  I have to say there is something so touching about hearing his sweet little voice recite such simple truths about God.  When he says, "There's nothing my God cannot do!" which such determination, it is great reminder for my often weak faith.  I tried to video a few of these songs, but in his typical fashion he didn't want to perform on camera. **Apparently my computer is refusing to upload this video tonight.  Arghh...  I'll try again later, but it's bedtime for this momma.**

Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment