11.02.2012

When's it gonna be Hawoween again?

Miller asked us that when we were getting him ready for bed on Halloween night.  I'd say that indicates he had a pretty fun day.  We started the day by getting dressed for school in his pirate costume.  He wasn't very accommodating to my request for pictures.
Later that morning, I got Jacob in his costume so that we could go to Miller's party at school.  Miller must have asked me ten times to be sure to put Jacob's "giwaffe" costume on him before we came.  I was happy to oblige since he was just a little adorable in it.
Miller was so excited when we got there to help him make his spider cupcake.
Jacob was so sweet and good the whole time.  It helped that he had lots of things to look at and entertain him.
 Lined up and ready to trick-or-treat
My dad got Miller this big hand with a bag attached for trick-or-treating.  Miller made sure I had it in my car before he left for school so that he could use it.  We only had a few casualties from his awkward maneuvering of it.
Miller wasn't shy and grabbed about six pieces of candy from each bucket.  Thankfully, the church volunteers were kind and let him continue on.  {And maybe talked about that greedy pirate once we were out of earshot.}
 Miller and his teacher, Ms. Mara
 Jackson and Miller
That evening we went to our church for Trunk-or-Treat.  Kendall and Will joined us with their kids and we had a great time!  Getting a good picture of three preschoolers is about impossible.  We didn't even attempt to get the babies in there.
 Check out Miller's "cheese" face.  Make. It. Stop.
 Jacob was in attendance and spent a lot of the night cuddled up with Daddy.
 Trick-or-Treating time!

Precious Addie was less than thrilled with the stroller, but she lasted long enough to let the boys get plenty of candy.
 Ty and Miller
 Ladies' Man
It was a busy day, but in some ways I'm glad that all of the celebrating was condensed to one day.  Miller has forgotten about his candy for the most part which is fine by me.  Occasionally he'll ask for a piece, but he's still at the age where "out of sight, out of mind" works pretty well.  Hopefully next year I'll be better and get a shot of the boys together and maybe even one with me in it.  *Miller and Jacob - I promise I was present for your childhood ;)

Hope you had a great Halloween as well!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Without his eye patch and hat and with the guitar, Miller reminded me of a gondola oarsman! He is adorable no matter the costume or outfit. And Jacob is the cutest, cuddliest giraffe I have ever seen. Glad you all had a great day. Miss you.
    love, Gran

    ReplyDelete