2.04.2013

The Greatest Show on Earth

Last week, my dad and I took Miller to the circus.  It was priceless to see the awe and wonder in his eyes as he took it all in.  We went on Thursday night, because we couldn't go on the weekend.  Next time we'll definitely plan to go to a day show.  It was pretty late and Miller was exhausted.  Totally worth it, but I think a day show would be even better.

Waiting patiently to go in!
We got there early and were able to go down on the floor to meet some of the clowns and do some of the activities they had set up.  This may have been one of Miller's favorite parts.  
My little clown :)
Making his clown face I guess...
 Cheesing it up!
 Love this sweet picture of Miller and my dad.  He was waiting to walk on the tightrope. 
His absolute favorite was the bouncy house with a slide.  He went on it no less then twenty times and only stopped because they had to shut it down to move it off the floor before the show could begin.
Showtime! 
 All he could talk about in the days leading up to the circus was getting popcorn and "cold water".  We do not typically give him hot water, but for some reason he always specifies the "cold" part.  He was pretty pumped when it was time to get some.  Thankfully he didn't seem to notice the barrage of overpriced snacks and treats that bombarded us at every turn.
 One of the few shots of me with him.  He was getting very sleepy by this point...
 Dad tried to perk him up with this fun toy.
We didn't get him in bed until 10:00 which is crazy late for him.  Thankfully, he slept until 9:00 the next morning and took a great nap the next day.  It was so much fun and I'm so grateful I was able to share these memories with him and my dad.  Thanks, Poppy!  When asked what his favorite parts were he'd say the bouncy house, the elephants, and "when they shot that big girl out of the cannon."  This is so funny to me.   He just meant "big girl" as in a grown woman.  She was actually quite petite.  However, everyone he told this to got this confused look on their face as though they were shooting large women out of cannons.  Haha!  Can't wait to go again and to take Jacob for his first time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney, the carrier I have is an Ergo. I love it! It puts all the weight on your hips as opposed to your back.

    ReplyDelete