2.07.2010

Six Months

It is hard to believe that Miller is half of a year old!  Before we know it he'll be a toddler instead of a baby.  We head to the pediatrician tomorrow and I'm interested to see how much he weighs now.   Everything he can get still goes straight to his mouth, but I can tell an improvement in his hand coordination by how he handles his toys and his social interaction is advancing also.  
Also, he has discovered Oreo, our demon cat and wants to pet her whenever she's within three feet.  Oreo has been suprisingly calm as he pets her.  I always have a fear that she'll hiss at him but she has yet to do this.  Another recent development has been the start of veggies, which I am attempting to make homemade.  
My sweet mom came up on Friday so that Bryant and I could have a date night {I'm sure it had nothing to do with her wanting to see Miller}.  Along the way she stopped by Whole Foods to get some organic fruits and vegetables for us. 
While Mom entertained Miller, I got busy cooking green beans, squash, and sweet potatoes.
Puree and freeze!
The critics review...
Looks like a hit to me!  She also brought organic avacado and bananas, but we'll just mash those as we go.  I really enjoyed making the food for Miller.  It felt good knowing exactly what he is eating.   It was also inexpensive and we're stocked up for a while.  However, I am also not naive enough to say that I will always have the time do this.  We'll just have to see how it goes.  For now though it was simple enough!  If you live in Marshall County and know of any places that carry good organic produce please let me know.  Otherwise I may just make it part of a trip to Huntsville or Birmingham every couple of months.  Alright, off to prep for the Super Bowl.  I'll be back with an update from the pediatrician.  Until then...

4 comments:

  1. Miller is so precious! That is so great you are starting to make his baby food. Nutrition is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the last picture! So cute :) Wow at making your own baby food! That's great and it looks like Miller is enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at him licking those lips!! I think he liked it. I want to see him and Oreo playing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney,
    I just recently heard that there is a produce farm in Boaz that grows only organic fruits and vegetables. I hear that you can pick your own or just buy them. I don't know the name, but plan on looking them up soon.

    ReplyDelete