6.23.2010

Girls Trip!!!!

As some of you may know I have been counting down the days to this mini-vacay for about three months.  My college friends {+1} went to Ross Bridge for one night to get a little break from reality and hang out together {without getting interrupted by a crying baby}.  We had so much fun of course, but we had quite a time with the room situation.  Long story short, we arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon having booked two adjoining rooms and it was 1:00 in the morning before we were settled in two rooms, one on the sixth floor and one on the fourth.  In the hours between those times I had a total of seven rooms in my name.  Needless to say we did a lot of packing, unpacking, hauling, and talking to the front desk which cut into our hang out time quite a bit.  Thankfully the manager on duty the next day was extremely nice and apologetic and even agreed to let us have a "do over" night.  So sometime soon we'll be doing it all over again {hopefully just minus the changing rooms a million times}!  It did however provide some great material for Emily.  For those of you who don't know Emily, think of the funniest person you know and then triple it.  She is an absolute nut and she did more for my abs than any class at the gym has.  

Kendall and I were packed and ready to go by 8 a.m.  {Do you think we were just a little excited?}  My sweet friend, Betty, came over to watch Miller until lunch since Bryant had to work in the morning.  {Thanks, Betty!}  He came home after lunch to relieve her of her duties and then he was on his own until about 6:00 the next night.  He did a great job with Miller and I'm glad they had the chance to bond a little.  Thanks for giving me a little break, Bryant!

Here are some pics from our quick trip. To be honest, I'm surprised they'll have us back after looking at some of our pictures!  I'm glad "Inn Keeper" {the manager} wasn't around to see us take over the water slide or the restaurant.  Good thing that curtain was sound proof ;)
{In case you're wondering, yes Kendy and Hannah, I did crop you out of this pic.  There was just no way to include you and not show the entire web the remains of my baby belly.  Sorry!}
I am so blessed to call each of you friend.  I couldn't dream up better friends if I tried.  Thanks for all  the times you've been their for me, the silly {and serious} conversations, and the fun memories!  I thank the Lord for each of you and can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

  1. aww, whit, you really do have the best friends in the world! i always thought so! i'm glad you girls got to get away for a little while and enjoy each others company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think next time it needs to be college friends (+2)!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad we ran into y'all last weekend. It was great to see all you girls!!! Miller is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! You really are blessed to have such a close knit group. You deserve every great blessing you get! Love you.

    ReplyDelete