7.06.2011

23 Months

Wow.  Miller is one month shy of being TWO!  Crazy.  Here's what he's up to these days...
Vocabulary:  Miller can now count to eight {sort of}.  We sometimes have to say "three" for him and he always skips seven, but that is pretty good in my book.  I had planned to get a video of him counting using his cute little pop-up bug book until I found it like this...
Bye-Bye bugs.  Oh well, I'll work on it and get back to you.  I actually just discovered he could count this high TODAY.  Crazy.  We were driving down the road and I'm not exactly sure what we were counting, but Miller said, "One, Two" and I said, "Three" thinking he needs to learn what comes next.  Much to my surprise he spouted out, "Four, Five, Six, Eight".  I love his little sponge brain :)  He's probably wishing he hadn't revealed this knowledge to me.  I think I've made him count a hundred times since I discovered it this morning.

He also loves to say, "Hold it" these days when he wants to hold something himself or if he wants a whole piece of food {like a piece of bread, a banana, etc}.  The phrase becomes "hold you" if he's scared of something and wants to be held.

Daddy has also taught him the phrase "stab it" for when he's trying to get food on his fork.  Don't blame me when he's a serial killer.

We're still working on "please" and "thank you".  I guess we'll always be working on those :)

Sizes:  5 diaper, 7 shoe, 24 month clothes {some 2T}

I hope it's just a phase:  Miller is now scared of the drain in the bathtub.  He does not want us to drain the tub until he is completely out of the bathroom for some reason.  We're not sure when or why this started. 

Favorite Foods:  Miller has discovered sugar and I should probably note that his true favorites are juice, cookies, and cake.  However, those items are not on the menu at Casa de Mastin :) So, favorites  that he actually gets on a regular basis are milk, carrots, prunes, spinach, cauliflower, crackers, bananas, and bread.  I'm really not lying when I say these are his favorites.  He asks for these things and usually wants more when they're gone.  Over under on how long this will last??  He's still not big on meat or chicken, but does okay with fish and eggs.  Don't worry, he does get those favorite treats occasionally.  Remember, the child has three sets of grandparents :)
Favorite Toys: Miller has always loved trucks, but this month I've noticed him taking it to a whole new level.  The tractor book in the picture below could seriously occupy him for hours.  He "drives" that thing all over the house.  I always take it with us wherever we go because he plays with it so well.  He's also beginning to like little cars and trucks that he can hold in his hand more than big trucks.
Miller has recently starting loving TV.  Up until a few months ago, he would only sit still and watch ten minutes of a cartoon.  Now, he'd watch it for hours if I'd let him {I think}.  I try really hard to only let him watch about thirty minutes of TV, but I'd be lying if I told you I never broke that rule.  It's so tempting when you have a lot to do!  Plus, look how sweet he is when he's watching it.  {Sorry for the picture quality.}
Other tidbits:  I noticed this month that Miller is beginning to recognize the places we go.  For example, if we turn left onto 431 from our house he says "chuwch".  If we get into Albertville he'll either say "school" or "gym".  One time I told him we were going to play with Hunter and Hays, but I didn't clarify that we weren't going to their house.  When I turned right out of our neighborhood {away from their house} he pitched a fit until I explained where we were going.  Clever little stinker.

Well, I guess all that's left to do now is to let the birthday countdown begin!  I have about 27 days to get everything in order for the big day!  First on the list, tissues for this nostalgic mommy :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how FAST our little man is growing up. He is so much fun and provides hours of entertainment. I think you might need to add Dada to the sugar list with the grandparents, have seen him slip him a few treats too. Thanks for keeping up with the blog and his growth and development, makes us happy to read. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Our house will be lively with Miller, Mia and Ty in a few days. Such wonderful memories. Pop and Gran miss you all.
    love
    Gu Ga

    ReplyDelete