7.14.2011

Confesssions of a Hypocritical Mother

Dear Miller,
This is what I had for lunch today after feeding you milk, chicken, carrots, and potatoes:
Oh, and I also ate it in the den on the couch.

I will however partially blame your 20 minute screaming tantrum for the junk fest.  I'm not sure where it came from and I don't think you know either.  After almost hyperventilating from crying so hard, you suddenly laughed, looked at me, and said, "What was that?"  Good question, buddy.

You are currently still awake even though you've been in your bed for almost thirty minutes.  I promise that if you don't go to sleep we'll both have a tantrum like that this afternoon.  And I'll probably be forced to eat another cupcake without you.

Love, 
Your hypocritical mother

5 comments:

  1. Too funny! And this lunch looks delicious!!! Seriously where is that pizza from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there honey, this too shall pass. He can't always be the PERFECT child, though he is darn near it. Give him a kiss from Gran and tell him I have recorded lots of Chuck the truck cartoons, shhhhh... we will watch when Mommy isn't looking.
    love you both,
    Mom/Gran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful truth. You deserved every bite, and I hope Miller's nap went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! reading this sounds way too familiar.

    ReplyDelete