8.12.2012

House Update 4

It's been a while since I've posted about our house and a lot has happened since then!  They finished the electrical, plumbing and security rough-in.  The exterior is close to being complete (minus shudders, staining the front door, columns on the porches, and a little more brickwork).  This week they finished up the sheet-rock so now it's really coming together!  I meet with the builder on Monday to go over our cabinet layouts and I'm trying to think through each and every drawer and cabinet.  Alright, enough talking.  Let's get to the good stuff...
It is so exciting to see the walls up and much easier to envision everything.  We wanted to take advantage of the lakeview so that's why we put all of the living space on the back of the house.  I'm looking forward to having space to entertain and being able to watch my boys play outside from my kitchen!

A few of our "helpers" on the jobsite...
We seem on track for a Fall move in date!  I wrote this post on Friday, but it wouldn't publish for some reason and I just got around to trying again.  We had a whirlwind weekend with Miller's birthday party and Jacob's dedication at church.  Be back soon with lots of photos from those special days!

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see the house coming together, it will be a wonderful home! But best of all is the "crew". Miller continues to have such a good time at "The lot" and his new house! Jacob just likes to relax and hang out. :)
    Give all a hug and a kiss, Love Gran

    ReplyDelete