8.02.2012

Miller is three!

How is it possible that my baby is three years old?!?!  Miller is a sweet, smart, rambunctious, talkative, ball of energy these days.  In many ways, he is so grown up yet he still seems like a baby when he asks for "one more hug and one more kiss", a phrase I hear several times a day.  He is almost completely potty trained, knows almost all of his letters and their sounds, can recite several Bible verses, and has a very extensive vocabulary, which often keeps us laughing.  He can be pretty "destructive" when playing so we're working on taking care of what we've been given and cleaning up as we play.  He of course often needs discipline, but is usually quick to correct his behavior.  He loves his "blue blankie" and always sleeps with it and cuddles with it while watching TV.  He wants us to put the "cold side" on him {the satin side} and he holds onto "the smelling thing" {the tag}.  He is still sleeping in his crib and I am dreading moving him to a big bed!  He has only climbed out once and when I walked in his room he was "hiding" in the corner and said, "You need to put me back in my bed."  I kept saying I was hoping we could make it until he was three and/or Jacob was sleeping through the night before moving him.  Well, both have happened and I'm still not ready!  Jacob is doing well in the pack n' play so we may just let it be for a while longer.

Some of our favorite words/phrases these days:
"flippopotamus" - hippopotamus
"pank" - paint
"Let's talk about sumpin" - usually said while he cuddles up close to you 
"I need one more hug and one more kiss." - with emphasis on "one"
"splashlight" - flashlight
"shaky milk" - milk shake
"You need to ____" {play with me, pat me, clean up my toys} - He can be pretty bossy.
"Let's wrestle" - usually said to Daddy while clenching his teeth

Miller is a good big brother and loves to be close to Jacob when he's awake, but is starting to realize that having a brother means sharing Mommy and Daddy.  A few days ago he said, "I don't want to be a brother anymore.  You put him back in your tummy."  It is also common for him to tell me, "You go put Jacob down for a nap."  Probably because Jacob takes so many naps and Miller is starting to realize that when Jacob is sleeping, he can have more of my attention.

I found a cute idea on Pinterest to make a 20 Questions scrapbook starting on your child's third birthday so I decided to ask him those questions today.  Here are his responses...

What is your favorite color?  black
What is your favorite toy?  trucks
What is your favorite fruit?  banana
What is your favorite TV show? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? "peanut and jelly"
What is your favorite outfit?  couldn't get an answer for this one
What is your favorite game?  "backetball"
What is your favorite snack?  crackers
What is your favorite animal?  elephant
What is your favorite song?  the Frog Song
What is your favorite book? my magazine {Highlight Magazines}
Who is your best friend?  Mommy {melt my heart}
What is your favorite cereal? "square cereal" {Quaker Oats Squares}
What is your favorite thing to do outside?  "bang sticks" {against trees}
What is your favorite drink?  "milk, not coffee"
What is your favorite holiday?  couldn't get an answer for this one
What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  a pillow and blue blankie
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  muffins
What do you want for your birthday? "a birthday party cupcake"
What do you want to be when you grow up? "as tall as a light", construction worker

We had a lazy day at home celebrating {hence the pajamas and messy hair in all the pics}.  We started the day off with pancakes and round one of "Happy Birthday".  
After breakfast Miller went into his playroom to find his birthday gift from us, a new table and chair set.  
 He had lots of fun reminding me all day that he is three now.
After some coloring and playing it was time to bake cupcakes!  Miller made quite a mess "helping", but he had lots of fun doing it.  
He had a hard time understanding why they weren't ready right away so that was a good lesson in patience.  He helped me "clean" the whisk while we waited.
Bryant brought us lunch and we had round two of the birthday song with our cupcakes. After dinner had round three, but I figured we were good on pictures by then :)
Happy birthday, Miller Man!  We love you more than you could know and have been blessed by you these past three years.  We pray for many more!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget on Miller. "but I was tryinnn to..." whatever it is when you ask him to stop doing something, he is so adorable.
    I loved it when he blew out the candles on his cupcake via IChat with Pop, Gran and Ella - not sure he could understand why he didn't get the cupcake in the deal! :)
    Can't wait to celebrate with him in person this weekend. And can't wait to get my hands on Jacob who has grown a bunch.
    love
    Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. just re read the blog - I was surprised that he said black was his favorite color - I would have guessed pink first and then purple!!
    hugs and kisses to both the boys
    love Pop and Gran

    ReplyDelete