8.15.2012

Party Time

Saturday we celebrated Miller's third birthday with a "Bob the Builder" party.  Miller had been counting down the days until his party and was so excited when the day finally arrived.  When he came down from his nap, everything was set and ready!
Miller was so excited to see everything for his party!  We went low key this year with all we have going on.  I packed up all of my cake decorating things in storage so I ordered a cake from the new bakery in town.  I was less than thrilled with the decorating job {why would you cover a cake with red icing of all colors unless requested??}, but thankfully it was delicious and Miller loved it.
 Before the guests arrived, we had to take care of a little business...
 
The poor child barely got a thing!  {Catch the sarcasm?}  Miller loved every gift and wanted to open and play with everything before opening the next gift.  We would have been there all weekend if we had done that.  We're still getting out new things to play with four days later!
 He got this new train "Alfie" that is kind of like a tractor/train.  He wanted to use it to open his gifts.
 A set of power tools like daddy's!
 Go Dores!  Thanks Scott, Kate, and Malley for my first piece of Vandy gear!
 Jacob must have snuck out during one of his naps and bought Miller this new lighthouse for his train table.  Sneaky little brother...
 Miller had to take every gift over to show to his daddy.  So sweet.  He was especially proud to have "my own chainchaw" since he loves to watch Bryant use his.
 After all of the fun gifts it was time for cake!  Miller sang along with us.  So sweet.
 Love my sweet THREE year old!
 After cake, Miller was ready to try out all of his new gifts.  Betty Jo got Miller this cute backpack with his name on it.
 Evel Knievel on his new motorcycle from Brad and La La.  Did anyone else know that's how to spell his name?  I sure didn't.  {We went shirtless for the cake due to the red icing.}
 Jacob took a record late afternoon nap and we finally had to wake him so he wouldn't miss seeing everyone.  Why do kids always take the best naps on the days you don't care if they sleep?
I'm pretty sure the only guest to not make any pictures was my mom.  How did that happen?  She came up on Friday morning and was a huge help getting everything ready for the party.  Thanks, Mom!

We had such a fun time celebrating our precious Miller and absolutely cannot believe he is three!  Where has the time gone?  Seriously, I know it's cliche, but I just cannot fathom it.  Happy birthday, Miller the builder!  You are such a joy to us!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable photos! What a fabulous photographer!:). Actually just a great camera. I so love the one of Miller hugging Mommy so tight. And that he wanted to share EVERY gift with Daddy.
    Wonder what will happen to Miller when he tries "taking care of business" when he is outside at "school" or church ?
    Such a fun weekend, we enjoyed it so. Loved watching our little builder in action. And cuddling with baby Jacob. My favorite Miller words of my visit, "Gran, I am so glad you came here." Melt my heart.
    love
    Gran

    ReplyDelete