1.22.2013

Jacob - Eight Months

"Oh!  Is it my birthday?"
 Unfortunately, I couldn't get a smile this time around.
He's still pretty sweet even when he's serious though.

Here's brother at eight months just for comparison sake.  I see no resemblance in these pics.  Do you?
Stats: weighs about 15.5 lbs on our scale at home
Sizes: size 3 diapers, 6-9 and some 9-12 month clothing

Schedule:  We are finally back to a four hour schedule!   {Cue the Hallelujah chorus}  It doesn't sound like it would make much of a difference, but our day has such a better flow on this schedule.  Jacob has finally stopped waking up so early (5:30ish) and sleeps until about 7:00 or 7:30 most days.  He nurses, eats breakfast, and then plays until about 9:00 or 9:30.  His morning nap usually lasts about two hours.  Another recent development is that he has finally reached the point where even if he doesn't sleep that whole time, he will lay in his bed quietly.  This is huge.  I love being able to count on that full two hours and a more fixed schedule.  When he gets up around 11:30, he nurses, eats lunch, plays, and reads books with Miller while we get ready for afternoon naps.  Both boys go down for naps around 1:30.  Miller is usually awake by 2:30 or so, but Jacob's nap lasts until about 3:30.  Again, even if he doesn't always sleep he will at least lay quietly in his bed and rest.  He nurses at 3:30 and then plays until about 5:30 when he takes a little catnap.  Sometimes we'll keep him up during this time, but some days he is just way to tired to make it all the way to bedtime.  He eats dinner with us around 6:00 or 6:30, nurses, and then goes to bed for the night around 7:00. 
Sleep:  As you can see, he is sleeping so much better since we moved.  His room really is so quiet here and I think that helps a lot.  We dropped the swaddle completely about a week ago.  He still sleeps with lots of pacis and his lovie.  Occasionally he will wake up crying at night, but all he wants is a paci.  At the beginning of this month, he went through a phase of getting stuck on his tummy and screaming bloody murder until someone flipped him over.  He has finally moved past that and will either sleep on his tummy or roll back over.  He still doesn't sleep in the car very well, but will sometimes sleep for about 30 minutes on a road trip.  I love putting him to bed.  I give him his paci, lay his lovie on my shoulder, start singing and he lays his sweet little head on my shoulder.  After I make myself put him down he rubs his lovie all over his face and goes right to sleep.  So sweet.
Eating:  Jacob nurses four times a day and eats solids three times a day.  The boy can eat and loves his food.  I haven't found anything that he doesn't like.  Foods we've added lately are avocado {he wasn't crazy about this a while back, but now he likes it}, broccoli, asparagus, and flax seed {mixed with other foods}.

Likes: his paci, his lovie, toys that play music, chewing on things, being tickled, being kissed on the tummy and neck, books, mommy, daddy, Miller, baths
Dislikes: being left alone to play for more than a few minutes, getting his diaper changed, waiting for food
This is the face I see just about every time I put him down.
Milestones:  No major milestones this month.  Still no teeth and he isn't mobile yet.  I have found him twice about three feet away from where I left him, but I have not witnessed if he rolls or scoots on his bottom.  One time he was sitting up and one time he was on his tummy.  I am in NO hurry for him to crawl.  I am soaking up every minute of being able to know exactly where he is at all times and cannot imagine how I'll handle both boys once he is mobile!

A few more recent pics {Unfortunately all iphone pics.  Poor second kid.}
Miller pushed Jacob around in his high chair for about twenty minutes the other day.  It was great rainy-day entertainment for both boys!
"Watching" cartoons with big brother.  Don't worry, I only left him there long enough to clean up the spit up that had just been spewed all over me.  And yes, those are Halloween pjs on Miller. :)
I'm so thankful for the last eight months and my only complaint is that it's going too fast!  Love this little guy so much!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely two different looks and two different personalities. Love them both and feel so blessed to have them in our lives. I suggested you take a picture of Jacob with the old teddy bear for comparison and scoffed when you said you couldn't get it done. Well, after spending 4 nights and days with all of you I have to admit that my memory has been refreshed on why there just isn't enough time in the day!!:) I had planned to "help" you get that photo but alas we just didn't. Loved hearing all about the circus and the "big lady that they shot out of the cannon", swinging on the playlet and sliding down the slide - I am too old for that!!. Wonderful that Miller doesn't think that I am. Jacob is a love just too loves his Mama too much so the rest of us are okay only if she is not around. But I managed to sneak in some good kisses and hugs and even got to rock him to sleep. What a glorious time. Love you all, Gran

    ReplyDelete