4.20.2014

Easter Sunday

We had a great Easter Sunday!  Miller was so excited to find goodies in his Easter basket when he woke up.


 Jacob was pretty excited too!



 After they'd played for a few minutes, we got ready to go to church and worship our risen Savior!



On our way in to early service we snapped a quick picture, but by the time we got out of Sunday School the cross was much fuller and absolutely beautiful so I insisted on another family picture.
 
Bryant and Miller went home to bake the casserole we were taking to lunch and Jacob and I stayed to help with the nursery during late service.  Jacob taught his friends how to do headstands, haha!
 Precious babies!
 After church, we went to Bryant's parents' house for a wonderful lunch with family.










 I cannot handle how much I love this baby boy in a bubble!










It was a wonderful day spent with our church family and blood family!  I look forward to the days when my children will understand what a joyous gift the death and resurrection of Christ was and I pray that they will realize the weight of this gift.  I'll leave you with my currently favorite worship song which I listen to about five times a day.  It is perfect for Easter!  I pray too that you will not only believe in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, but that you will allow these truths to transform your heart and your life.  We are so undeserving of His grace!

Man of Sorrows
by Philip P. Bliss and Mandi Mapes
 
Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
“Full atonement!” can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Hallelujah, He has saved us
Sin and death shall reign no more
Christ has made a way for sinners
Hallelujah, what a Savior

Lifted up was He to die;
“It is finished!” was His cry;
Now in Heav’n exalted high.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we’ll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment