12.25.2009

Miller's First Christmas


Today was a wonderful Christmas and the fact that it was Miller's first made it all the more special. We're looking forward to when he is more aware of what's going on, but we're not wishing any of these precious moments away. We started the festivities yesterday with a brunch at my mother-in-law's house. Miller was the only boy so he'll only be allowed to attend this for a little while.

He wouldn't quite sit still for this picture so he's a little blurry. However, Santa had a gift in store for me the would alleviate this problem...
Christmas Eve we went to my inlaws' church in Boaz for a beautiful service. Afterwards we went to Miller's great-grandmother's house {Betty Jo} for a delicious dinner, gifts, and fellowship.

Miller started the day as any excited child by waking up earlier than usual. At about 5:45 I woke up to hear him screaming because he had scooched out of his sleep positioner and rolled over onto his face. After a few wasted attempts to get him to go back to sleep, I went ahead and got up with him. Once he wasn't stuck on his face he was in a quite a good mood.


We had our family Christmas at home and then headed over to Bryant's parents' house for Christmas with them. We didn't help Miller out much, because we had to wake him up from his morning nap in order to get there at the time we'd promised. We were hoping that he'd fall asleep in the car but as we would find out {all day long} sleep would not come easily today. I hated that he spent much of his first Christmas pitifully too exhausted to sleep, but all in all it was still a good day. The gift I was referring to earlier was a Canon Rebel from my inlaws, Frank and Margaret. I had so much fun playing with my new camera and I'm looking forward to some wonderful pictures {once I practice a little more}. I was completely overwhelmed this year by how blessed we truly are. I also had a special appreciation for Mary this year and how humbling it must have been to know that her precious child would one day be her savior. Wow.
Here a few pictures from our day. We hope your Christmas was as blessed as ours!





Poor Margaret spent most of her day in the kitchen, but she did get to play with her grandson a little bit.

Margaret and Frank {aka Nana and Papa Frank} surprised Miller with his very own red wagon. And let me tell you, these suckers are fancy these days. Complete with cupholders and seatbelts, the only thing we had trouble finding was the iPod plugin :) I'm sure Miller will make may memories in his wagon!

1 comment:

  1. Miller is adorable! I love the new camera! I can def tell the difference in the pics at the end!

    ReplyDelete