1.04.2010

Babymoon

Bryant and I returned yesterday from our "Babymoon" - our first weekend away without Miller. On Wednesday, the three of us headed to my mom's in Dadeville, Alabama to celebrate Christmas. I was so excited to receive a BOB jogging stroller. Yay! Can't wait for some warmer weather so I can get out with it. We had such a great time and Miller enjoyed a few more goodies. The poor child just didn't get anything this Christmas...



I'm still learning how to use my new camera so forgive me for some of the underexposure {and overexposure!}
The next morning we left him with Gran and Pop to be spoiled rotten taken care of.  After leaving over 130 ounces of frozen milk, 120 diapers, countless clothes, and a few tears {on my part} we headed to Fairhope, Alabama to see two friends get married.  Fairhope is absolutely one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.  I even asked Bryant if he thought we could put a Mastin's branch there so that we could move into one of those old homes with a few huge oak trees in our front yard.  We definitely want to go back in the Spring someday.  I learned an extremely valuable lesson about packing my camera charger {and maybe even purchasing an extra battery} so unfortunately I don't have as many pictures as I'd like.  A few had to be taken on my old camera too.  The difference is amazing. 


They have the cutest little downtown.  On New Year's Eve they blocked off the streets and had a band.  The parents of the bride and groom rented a tent for us to all hang out in {complete with a toasty heater}.  It was my first New Year's to see a ball drop :)

The next day we did what I was really looking forward to... SLEPT!  We ordered breakfast in bed and didn't get up until about 1:00.  Ahh...  That night we went to the rehearsal dinner which was at our hotel, The Grand.


The next morning I slept in AGAIN.  So nice.  Bryant went to a pheasant shoot with the other boys, but I enjoyed sleeping in and then heading downtown with Kate.  Then it was of to the wedding!  It was a small ceremony in a gorgeous church and the reception was at the Fairhop Inn downtown.  Also beautiful.  I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom.  They were a little busy.

Can you tell this was taken with my old camera?  What a difference!  Miller Man was just fine while we were gone.  Mom sent us this update:

Looks happy to me!   Sorry for the long post!

1 comment:

  1. aww, i LOVED going over to fairhope when i lived in mobile. it's so cute! corey's aunt and uncle live over there. we went to the grand hotel for our 1 year anniversary... it's beautiful! miller is looking cute as always!

    ReplyDelete