1.07.2010

Engineering Degree

I've decided you need an engineering degree to put together some baby toys and furniture.  Today I confidently opened Miller's exersaucer only to find this...

I estimate there were 572 pieces and about 40 steps in the manual.  {Yes, I used the instruction manual. I am a female after all}.   Now, not to toot my own horn, but I consider myself an educated person.  I mean, didn't you see my alma mater on the highly renowned educational program "Two-A-Days".  Anyway, my initial plan was to put this together after Miller's morning nap so that he could play on it during that wake time.  I assumed {yes, I know what happens when you do this} that it would be a fairly simple thing to snap together and add toys to.  Wrong.  By the time Miller woke up from his NEXT nap about three hours later it was ready.  Drum roll please...

It was all worth while when I saw how interested Miller was in it.  I tried to catch a smile but this is what he looked like most of the time...

He was so enthralled by it!  Perhaps he'll be the engineer in the family.  He also gave me a good reminder that I should clean each of the toys to get the factory gunk off of them.

All in all it was totally worthwhile.  I had planned on getting at least a few other things done today but oh well.  Maybe tomorrow.

You may have noticed Miller is still in his PJs.  Well, we had a snow day around these parts today and I figured what better excuse do we need to stay in PJs?  I never took Miller out in the snow {except for the short journey in his car seat from the car into the gym}.  There really wasn't enough to do anything with, so we just enjoyed the view from inside.  Plus, we had to save up our energy for the big game.

Roll Tide and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment