4.19.2010

A Weekend of Firsts

We had a weekend full of firsts! On Friday, Miller started clapping. He has been randomly banging his hands together, but Friday was the first time he started doing it repeatedly when he was excited about something. So cute! I know it's not as big as talking, but it still makes me feel like he's communicating with me which is really fun.

On Saturday, he cut his first tooth. It has caused quite a bit of drool, a very runny nose, and a hard time sleeping. Hard to believe such a little thing could have such a big effect, but I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is.
Also on Saturday, we took Miller for his first boat ride! After spending an hour getting him slathered in sunscreen, dressed, and everything loaded up we headed out for a quick trip.
I was impressed at how well he handled the life jacket too. If only I could invent a baby/kids life jacket that is more comfortable; I'd be a millionaire! Pop even let Miller drive the boat.
Miller did great and seemed to enjoy it until he was ready for a nap. No chance of sleeping comfortably in that thing, so Gran went back to the house with him while we enjoyed the beautiful day a little longer. It was such a gorgeous weekend and we were grateful to spend it on the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment