7.03.2010

Play Group

A few weeks back some of us started a play group to meet in Guntersville.  We started out meeting at a park by the lake and just hanging out.  Enter 100 degree temps and we had to change our location. Now we're meeting at people's houses and this week we took the kiddos swimming at Kendall's.  It has been such a blessing to hang out with other moms and it really gives us me something fun to look forward to every week.  I'm sure Miller will make some great friends too once he's a little more socially aware :)  For now, I think he was just excited to have new toys to play with and an interesting place to explore.  Here are some pics from one of our times together.  I don't think I was successful in getting everyone's picture, but I was close!  Thanks for hosting us, Lori!

2 comments:

  1. I love playgroups! So glad you have a good group of mommy friends to visit with while the kiddos play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back wonderful memories. My current "dinner divas" formally the "lunch bunch" evolved from a play group over 30 years ago. We had a fabulous time with our children, watching them grow, sharing our good moments, our worries and frustrations. Still get together on a regular basis to keep up with one another, share what is happening in our lives and our children's lives, loving and supporting each other in the good times and bad. Whitney, I am so happy for you and wish for you and your friends the kind of love and friendship that my "play group" has given me over the years. Girlfriends forever, I love you , Mom.

    ReplyDelete