7.11.2010

11 Months

Okay, so I'm about nine days late on this one, but Miller is officially eleven months old.  I'm not crazy about the above picture, but it was literally the only one I could get where he didn't look like this...
Miller is on the go and into everything these days.  He keeps me on the my toes and may call me "no" instead of "mama" because I say it to him so much.
 
He isn't walking yet, but he pulls up on everything and has started cruising from one thing to the next. 
He is also starting to enjoy his activity table.   You may recognize it as his former exersaucer converted.  This time the construction was much simpler.
Miller continues to bring us more immense joy than we could have ever imagined.  It seems like he hasn't changed as drastically {physically} in the last few months as when he was younger.  He has been in the same clothes for several months whereas before I felt like we were barely getting a few wears out of each outfit.  He is still wearing size 9 months, but I can't tell it won't be long before they will have to be packed away.  He still has not said a real first word.  I have heard him say "mama" and "dada" a few times, but not consistently enough where I feel like it should count.  He does however point to one of Bryant's mounted deer in the garage every time we get in or out of the car and say "duh" very excitedly.  It is so cute!  Another recent change is that Miller wants to feed himself and doesn't want me to feed him.  I still have a good bit of pureed food in the freezer so I'm trying to persuade him to let me feed him at least a little at each meal so that we can finish it off.  Plus, until recently when he got those four teeth, there wasn't a lot that he could gum on his own.  He's ready for more now, though.  I guess that's one more step towards independence :(  He is not drinking {much} from a sippy cup on his own though.  He'll take a few sips, but then refuse to have anymore.  At some point we may have to go "cold turkey", but I'm not quite ready to take away his bottle completely so we'll hold off on that.  For now, I'll hold on that every little bit of baby I can.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Whitney!
    It was good to talk with you a little at the shower. Miller reminds me so much of Hudson with the way you describe him and what he is doing. If you need any advice when you are doing his birthday stuff feel free to give me a call. I have learned a lot about cakes in the last couple of years and have taken a Wilton cake class. So, just give me a ring any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely ALL boy - what a love. I bought cabinet locks for this week to add to our gates and outlet plugs!!. Also, moved the wine racks out of his way. Later today, I will crawl around on the floor at his level to see what I have missed in my "MIller proofing".
    love
    Gran/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that stage where they are into EVERYTHING! That is a very fun but busy stage. He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Whitney! This is Emma. I love the picture of Miller in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete