8.09.2010

Miller's First Birthday Party

Miller's first birthday party was a great success!  We decided to keep it to immediate family this year, and I'm so glad we did.  We still had eleven people {in addition to the guest of honor} and about 1, 345 gifts so I think many more guests might have been a bit overwhelming for Miller.  It was a such a fun day and I was so pleased that Miller handled everything so well.  I let the pictures do all most of the talking.
 Ohhhh, the anticipation!!!!
I went to sleep in a normal house and I woke up to a houseful of people and a party!!!
The hat didn't last long.  I forgot to put it back on when it was time for cake!  Boo :(
Poppy and Cissy brought this all the way back from Alaska.
Miller enjoyed his first cupcake, but we never really got a good smile.  I've included the video if you want to watch, but do so with the warning that it is LONG!!!
After cake, Miller burned off some of that energy playing with his new toys!
Shortly later we noticed a rash forming in all of the places that Miller touched with icing.  We think he might be a little allergic to the coloring.  After a bath and a few minutes it went away though.  Thankfully, Miller didn't even seem to notice.

It was such a wonderful day and we are so thankful for those who were able to be a part of it!  I hope you had a happy first birthday, Miller!

9 comments:

  1. wow martha stewart! i'm flying you out here if i ever host a party!! everything looked wonderful whit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: in the picture before the video (kind of the profile picture) i think miller looks a lot like your dad. weird, huh? i've always thought he looked just like bryant, but i can glimpse a little bit of adams from that angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious party!! I am supper impressed with the cupcakes! Looks like he got some fun toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party looks adorable!! I especially love the 1 on the door - so cute!! I still can't believe he is 1. That means my baby is getting older too - NO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your decorations are so cute! I can't believe Miller is one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Whitney!
    You did an awesome job on those cupcakes! they looked great!
    Miller looks so cute. Did you make that outfit?
    Hudson got his first allergic rash on the evening of his party. His allergy is to eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanya, yes I did make his outfit. I wondered about the eggs too, but it seemed to be in only the places where the frosting touched his skin and as soon as we washed it off it cleared up. I hope Hudson outgrows that allergy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and thanks for all of the sweet compliments everyone! I had so much fun decorating everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, I could use a little help with my birthday parties! I love the cupcakes!! Happy Birthday Miller!

    ReplyDelete