10.28.2010

MDO Halloween Party

While Miller is in a sugar-induced-sleep-coma, I thought I'd take the opportunity to blog about his party this morning at Mother's Day Out.  {Is that the correct grammar?  I do possess the day out, right?  Or is the day meant for multiple mothers, plural?  Moving on...}  Miller always does awesome at MDO and so I was excited to see him in action.  He never cries when I drop him off and so far I haven't received any negative phone calls or feedback.  So far.  Anyway, I went a little early to change him into his costume since I wasn't sure if he could handle it all morning.  I was shocked to see all of children sitting quietly on the rug waiting for the teacher's directions.  I think the teachers probably thought I was rude because before even saying "hello" I said, "How did you get him to sit still?"  Too late.  As soon as he saw me he was on his feet running towards me.  I changed him into his lion costume {which took him a while to get warmed up to} and we joined the class in a few songs while we waited on the rest of the parents.  
Once everyone arrived it was snack time.  Let me just tell ya, Miller knows what this phrase means and ran straight for the table with food.  The teachers did a great job of having everything laid out and very organized.  The teacher for the one year old class recently had to resign because of some health problems so for the last couple of weeks they've had to combine the one and two year olds together.  Sounds chaotic, but they've actually done a really great job with all of those kids.  Anyway, the neurotic-health-nut in me {which by the way, only really applies to what Miller eats :) } had to take a deep breath when I saw the plate of goodies: a big sugar cookie, a spoonful of icing, sprinkles, candy corn, potato chips and a juice box.  
I didn't want to be "that crazy mom" though so we jumped right into decorating Miller's cookie and I let him dig in.  
I did decide against the candy corn since this could be a bit of a choking hazard and he didn't seem to notice it anyway.  Thankfully, Miller wasn't that fond of the cookie or chips {I think they were too hard for his little gums}, but don't worry - he found the spoonful of icing.  
Wow.  That's a lot of sugar.  I was interested to see how he'd do with the juice box and I don't know that he really got much out of the straw.  Guess we should be practicing using a straw.  Woops!
After snack time it was off for trick-or-treating.  I forgot Miller's cute little pumpkin, but thankfully the teachers had really cute bags for each of the kids.  
 
As a second option Miller thought he might just borrow Olivia's pumpkin.
I didn't get too many shots of the actual trick-or-treating since I was corralling a 14 month old.   They had these cute little boxes out that the kids could reach into and pull a treat out of.  This concept took a while for Miller to get.  Once he got something though he'd take off in the opposite direction of me, because he didn't want to put it in his bag.  I guess he was scared I would steal it from him.... which he was right about.  As we speak, I'm eating some of his Halloween candy.  Sorry, buddy.  But hey, he can't chew tootsie rolls anyway, right?  We'll just say he's "sharing" with me.  That sounds much nicer.
I tried to get at least one shot of Miller with his teachers before we left, but I think he thought I was going to leave without him. 
 
This picture is so pitiful!  I promise he loves his teachers!!

Alright, off to eat more candy and finish up last minute touches on our costumes for tomorrow night.  Be back soon!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! The last one is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little lion, doesn't look too cowardly until the end! WOW that was a LOT of sugar, but it was his first Halloween party so you have to give a little. Looked like fun, kiss him for me.
    love
    Gran

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I'll bet his system went into sugar shock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love this post!! So cute! Love to see the school pics!

    ReplyDelete