11.23.2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Yes, I realize it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but this year I am striving to get an early start on things in an effort to more fully enjoy the Christmas season.  I've decided that the more I can get done early the less stress I will have with the busyness Decemeber begins.  Plus, let's just be honest, Christmas is just too much fun to try and contain in a few short weeks!

{The ribbons above will be used to hang all of the Christmas cards we receive.}

Surprisingly, Miller hasn't been too bad with the decorations (i.e. the tree is still standing).  I just put the presents up today though.  We'll see if they stay wrapped when I'm not looking...

The inside of our house is almost complete, but we don't have anything outside yet.  We'll have to see how the Iron Bowl turns out first.  Bryant doesn't like to hang lights outside and I do.  {In fairness, I don't actually "do" any hanging so that's understandable.}  A few years back, we got the great idea from another "mixed marriage" couple to use the Iron Bowl as a friendly wager to help us decide whether or not to hang lights outside.  So, if Alabama wins - no lights for me.  Since we started this little bet, Auburn hasn't won.  Needless to say, if Auburn does win this year you'll probably be able to see our house from space.  Come on Tigers!!!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous! corey won't let me put decorations up until december 1st... but i always do it the day after thanksgiving anyway! my christmas china is washed and ready, the ornaments are out and ready to be hung and all the other decorations are sitting in his office waiting to be put out! can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks so good, whitney!!! i am hoping to get started on saturday. please get all "clark w. grisswald" with the outside :) happy thanksgiving and WAR EAGLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE ONLY GOOD THING THAT CAME OUT OF FRIDAY IS THAT YOU GET LIGHTS...It makes me so sad you don't get outside lights if Alabama wins (that just makes you a bigger Auburn fan - Bryant might need to reconsider this). Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete