11.30.2010

I'm dreaming of a well-lit Christmas!

Most of you are probably aware that we are a house divided...

Although, we don't take it quite as seriously as these people obviously do.  For the past three years we have made a friendly wager on the game to decide the extent of our Christmas decorating.  If Alabama wins, we don't have any lights outside since Bryant doesn't like hanging them up.  If Auburn wins, we get lights.  So unless you've been living in a hole somewhere you know that we get lights this year!
The game was probably the most intense game that I've ever been to.  I can't even explain how loud the stadium was when Auburn had the ball.  Conversely, when Auburn did something good you could hear a pin drop.  Honestly, I had to actually ask Bryant a few times if we really did score a touchdown because it was so eerily quiet.  Don't worry, I did my part to cheer though!
 
Margaret was so kind to keep Miller and thankfully the Mastins let me sleep inside despite my orange and blue. 
I think Papa Frank was glad to have someone to cheer him up :)
Daddy and Miller in their red and white, Mama in orange.  I gave Bryant something to think about though when I reminded him that Miller will probably want Christmas lights in a few years.  Wonder who he'll be cheering for if this is how we get them.... Just something to think about!

I'll be sure to post pictures when the lights are up.  In Bryant's "man of his word" fashion we went to Lowe's as soon as we got home on Sunday afternoon to get lights.  Now if it would ever stop raining he can get them hung!

War Eagle and Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me sad on so many levels... but atleast you get lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. War Eagle from the Stowes! I love keeping up with you and Miller on your blog. Keep the posts coming! Jan

    ReplyDelete