12.02.2010

Let there be light

Today was the day.  {You can catch up on what I'm referring to here.}  Bryant got home from work a little early and pulled out the ladder and Christmas lights.  We all bundled up and after a little playing...
we all got to work!
 Bryant tackled the roof while I chased Miller and worked on the porch.
The {almost} finished product:
I couldn't figure out the best way to photograph lights at night.  The picture above was the best I could do.  Any tips from any photographers out there?

I need to make one more run to Wal-Mart to get suction cups and outdoor ribbon so I can hang wreaths and bows before the house is complete.  Bryant's work is finished though.  Just imagine a wreath on each window and red bows everywhere you look.  Mkay?  Thanks for being such a good sport, honey!  Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful lights! I hope you get them for many years (in a row) to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just need to set the camera on a tripod so you can leave the shutter open longer without getting any blur! (i'm talking about photographing the lights at night in case that wasn't clear...) I love your lights! one of these years I'm going to make my house a Christmas wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I like MM's jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girls! Anna - I was thinking I might need a tripod - which I don't have. Guess I'll add that to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. War Eagle

    Love the Lights

    Will

    ReplyDelete