12.30.2010

Time Warp

I'm going to do a little time warp here and do a post about a few parties we attended before Christmas Day.  I'm a little OCD about things and this bugs me some, but I was a ding-bat {yes, I did just use that word} and forgot to take my camera to two of these parties.  I've finally gotten around to getting all of the pictures off of Facebook {thanks Donna and Mallory!} and have time to do a post about them.  Here goes...

On the Wednesday night before Christmas, we went to Nana and Papa Frank's house for the Bradberry family Christmas {Margaret's brothers, sister, kids, and grand kids}.  We usually have this event on Christmas day, but this year Nana decided to change it up a bit.  Miller got lots of lovin' from aunts, uncles, and cousins that we don't see often enough.  He got spoiled rotten with gifts too.  Check out his third ride of the holidays...
I feel the need to apologize to any of Miller's future teachers and friends for how spoiled he is probably going to turn out.  He got lots of other goodies too, but I don't have pictures of any of the other gifts.   We had a great time seeing everyone and it was really nice to do this before Christmas so we could all just relax and enjoy.
 

Friday morning {Christmas Eve} Nana had us over again for a brunch.  I know, she's a party machine.  I really don't know how she does it.  This brunch is for ladies only {plus Miller while he's little} and is everything you'd imagine a ladies' brunch to be.  Hence Miller's attendence only as a baby.  I don't think he will enjoy it so much when he's older and I think the ladies probably won't want to be shot with a nerf gun.  Donna was kind enough to take a few pictures for me.
 
 The aunts and first cousins
Second cousins {and I guess Miller is a third cousin?? I'm not really sure how that works}

Miller and I were introduced to an old family friend whom everyone knew by the name of...
Jiggy Boy!  Apparently, Jiggy Boy was onced owned by Betty Jo and Speedy for Bryant, Kate, and Ian to play with at their house.  After they were grown, Betty Jo gave it to Harolyn for Hanna and Emma to use.  Harolyn was so sweet to get Jiggy Boy all fixed up for the next generation at Nana and Papa Frank's house.  Such a thoughtful gift and Miller LOVED it!!  He needed no instruction whatsoever. 

That night we went to the St. Paul UMC in Boaz with Bryant's family for a candle-lit Christmas Eve service.  The only negative about this service is that there is no nursery staff and Miller isn't quite ready to sit quietly for an hour in church.  Just a few weeks away I'm sure ;)  He did pretty well though and lasted about forty minutes before Bryant took him outside to play.  Otherwise, it was a beautiful service complete with music, a message, and communion.  It's always a great reminder of what we're really celebrating.  After church we went to Betty Jo's house for dinner and gifts.  Betty Jo went all out and made turkey, ham, dressing, gravy, brown rice, pineapple casserole, squash casserole,  green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, and apple cake with rum sauce for dessert.  Is your mouth watering like mine is right now?
 The ONLY picture we took as a family this Christmas.  I vow to do better next year.  Remind me, ok?
Thanks for having us, Betty Jo!

1 comment: