12.16.2010

MDO Christmas Party

Today was Miller's Christmas party at his Mother's Day Out.  It was so much fun and so sweet to see so many little ones celebrating the birth of Christ.  I got there a few minutes early so I took Miller to get his picture made with Santa.  Surprisingly, he didn't cry a bit.  However, he wasn't taking any chances and getting too close.
As any with any good party, we started it off right with a few snacks.
 Miller with his teacher, Ms. Jennifer.  We are so very thankful for her!
Next, we went to make reindeer food and an ornament.
 {Yes, that is lipstick on his cheek.  What can I say, Mama loves kisses.}
Miller and his friend, Saylor.  Saylor's mommy and daddy are some of our friends and I'm so glad they get to play together twice a week! 

After our crafts, we went to listen to the story of Christ's birth and sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.  I'd like to think that I'm a little more spiritually mature than toddlers, but sometimes I'm not so sure.  Somehow listening to a bunch of precious babies sing "Happy Birthday" to our Savior brought be back to the reality of what Christmas is really about.  I needed that reminder.
Miller going to see baby Jesus.  He did an okay job listening to the story, but we'll have to work on his understanding of the nativity...
My memory may be failing me, but I don't think two of the wise men, the angel, and a horse were struck by a shooting star.  Maybe I'm wrong though.  I'm pretty sure there weren't any decapitated lambs either. 

Miller fell asleep on the way home, so after his nap he got to open his first Christmas gift of the year. 
 The gift was from his teachers and I'd say he loved it!  Thanks, Ms. Leslie & Ms. Jennifer!
I'd say he's ready for his J. Crew shoot.

 Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment