4.18.2011

Twenty Months

Or should I say, "Twenty-and-a-half months".  Yea, I'm a little late on this one.  Woops.
Miller's vocabulary grows by the minute, literally.  About a million times a day he will say, "Wassat?" and point to something.  When tell him what "that" is he will repeat it back, or at least attempt to.  He's picked up a lot more animal sounds lately and knows some of his colors.  {He likes to call everything, "gweeeeeeeen!" when I ask him what color something is, but after a second look he can sometimes recognize and say "owage", "boo", and "wed".}

Here are some animal sounds I caught on video:

Ironically, while his vocabulary is budding he has started a new phase of whining instead of telling me what he wants.  Obviously, he can't always communicate what he wants, but I'm talking about things he's been doing for months like "finished" after he eats.  He'll just sit in his high chair and squirm around and whine.  I've started to have to use the same phrase I occasionally use with his daddy, whom as most of you know is not a big talker, and say "use your words".  He seems to be coming around as he realizes that he's not getting out of his high chair until he says or signs "finished".

Sizes: Size 4 diaper, Size 7 shoe, 18-24 month clothes
I meant to include this pic with our Colorado post.  We brought him back this shirt.  I had to buy a 4T because there weren't many left since it was the end of ski season.  He was a little upset because I was taking pictures when we were supposed to be going "bye-bye" to school.
Despite what you see in the picture above, Miller is throwing less tantrums than he was a couple of months back. {Knock on wood!}
He has also recently decided that he likes to wear his "hat" and "wasses" like his daddy.  This is good news for the summer months with his thin, light hair.  The bad news, after we get them on he will take them off in about four seconds.  Then we must put it all back on... and repeat.

We recently got a "hand-me-down" sandbox from one of my mom's friends and we are so thankful for it!  Miller loves to be outside, but we needed something else to do out there.
I would suggest that if you decide to come play with Miller in his sandbox you should keep your distance.  Remember The Rice Fiasco of 2011, well just replace that rice with sand and you'll understand why you don't want to be in his way.  Thank goodness this "activity" is outside!!

Twenty months made me gasp for some reason.  I think because I feel like it is so close to 24 months that I feel like I should just be saying, "He's almost two" when people ask.  Crazy!!  It feels very different than when we were still in the "teens".  Two still feels kind of far away, but it will be here before I know it!

1 comment: