4.11.2011

Back to reality...


I've been humming that song all day as I work my way through piles of laundry and suitcases. On Saturday we returned from a week long getaway to Beaver Creek, Colorado.  We were so fortunate to be invited by our friends Kendall and Will.  It was the trip of a lifetime and we were happy to ride on their coattails!


{I wish I could take credit for this picture, but I borrowed it from the Ritz-Carlton website.  I don't think they'll mind since I'm about to gush over them.  I failed to get a picture the whole week we were there.} This is the view from the slopes, obviously.  We were actually staying over to the left {not pictured} in the Ritz-Carlton Club - which is like a condo and hotel all rolled into one.  Doesn't get much better than that!
Part of the view from our balcony.  Breathtaking. 

The day we arrived it was sunny and about 70 degrees.  Not the best conditions for skiing.  Don't worry though, after we'd been on the slopes for about three hours on our first day of skiing a blizzard rolled in.
We had three other couples with us and no kids.  {Did I just see you turn green with envy?}  It was kind of like a flashback to college days with little responsibility and lots of fun.  Okay, so actually we had NO responsibilities on this trip so it was a  little different :) 
Three of my best friends.  Now this, you should be really jealous of.  I have the best friends anyone could ask for!
We had a girls' night while the boys watched the NCAA championship.  Perfect excuse for us!
Most of all it was a great time to reconnect with Bryant.  I think every couple needs time away from the kids occasionally.  Don't get me wrong, we missed him like crazy.  In fact, I'm not sure if Miller or I squealed louder when we pulled up to get him.  It was worth it though to have some time to ourselves and I'm confident that these "breaks" make us both better parents.

I realize some of you only read our blog because of a cute little chubby guy named Miller.  I promise to be back soon with a recap of his vacation to Pop & Gran's house!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I finally got to see pictures of your ski trip. i continue to let katie know how JEALOUS i was!!!! :) looks like ya'll had a great time and i've heard all about it. so fun!
    i know you were so happy to see your little boy!

    ReplyDelete