5.15.2011

Beach Trip

We just returned from a fabulous five day trip to Orange Beach with Bryant's parents.  We stayed at Turquoise Place and why I didn't take a single picture of our condo is unknown - it was incredible.  By far the nicest beach condo I've ever stayed in.  Miller did great on this trip.  The six hour car ride wasn't too bad {thanks mostly to our portable DVD player}, he slept like a champ while we were there {we had to wake him at 9:00 almost every morning}, and he was pretty easy to keep up with on the beach this year.  I had imagined him running all over the place, but he was still a little hesitant of the sand and of the ocean which actually made it kind of nice.  He was content to sit in one place with a bucket full of water and a few toys {most of the time anyway}.

I had to get a picture of his first stop at Priester's.  My family always stopped here on our way to the beach and I'm happy to continue the tradition with Miller!

Day One:  Pretty hesitant walking on the sand.  A little whiny.
 Once Daddy and Papa showed him how it's done, he was much better.
We tried a ride around the Lazy River, but he wasn't much of a fan.
 That night we attempted to get a family pic before dinner.  Wind + squirmy toddler = total fail.

 Day Two:  Miller got a little braver and played in the water a bit.
Miller loved to play on the steps of the Lazy River, but that was as far as he wanted to go.

Day Three:  No daytime pics.  It was raining so Margaret and I went shopping at the outlets.  That afternoon we attempted some beach pictures before dinner though.  We weren't too successful, but we managed to get a few decent ones.
And then Miller told us it was time to go "up".  He was right.  The bottom fell out about five minutes after that.
{In case you are wondering what is wrong with my hand, I am fine.  Just a moron.  I had a minor one-car accident with the pole in our garage.  I was able to avoid actual stitches and they glued the cut I got, but I had to keep it dry and clean.  A difficult task with a toddler.  Even more difficult when you're at the beach.  Just a reminder to everyone out there: make sure your car is in park before you get out of it.  Lesson learned.}  Moving on to dinner that night.

Day Four:  Miller finally got the hang of the beach the last day we were there.  Of course.
Miller made friends with a group of ladies on the beach.  They gave him a juice box, chips and some new beach toys.  In return he entertained them with his dancing skills.
He got a little distracted from the kite because he was looking for the "hetitopter" {"helicopter"}.  It provided endless entertainment.
 
That night, Bryant and I got to go to dinner and a movie alone.  Ahh...
Thanks, Nana and Papa for a wonderful trip!  We had so much fun and made so many memories we will cherish forever!

2 comments:

  1. We are going to stay at Turquoise in August with my family! I am so excited! Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great trip! I almost felt like I was there after reading your blog, Whitney, you do such a good job with it. Loved watching Miller's progression in adjusting to the sand, could see if though your photos.
    Miss all of you, see you soon.
    love
    Mom/Gran ( gu ga)

    ReplyDelete