5.08.2011

Mother's Day

Hello friends!  Happy Mother's Day to all of you mamas out there!  I hope your day was as fantastic as mine was.  Miller gave me the best gift a mother can ask for by sleeping until 8:30 {at which time we had to WAKE HIM UP for church}.  Ahhhhhh....  Granted I had to get up earlier, but it gave me plenty of time to get ready for church without having anyone steal my toothbrush or attempt to flush anything down the toilet.  After church we went to Cracker Barrel, which never disappoints as far as food is concerned, but it took much longer than expected.  I'm really not sure what we were thinking.  Next year we will plan better and make reservations at The Rock House {which is where we headed first only to find that we couldn't be seated until 1:30 without a reservation... on second thought this might have been the same as the wait at CB}.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  We came home for a relaxing afternoon at home {mixed with a few chores}.  And of course, no Mother's Day would be complete without a gift or two...
 My first blog book!
 And this afternoon I looked outside and found this...
Thanks for a wonderful Mother's Day, Bryant and Miller!  I love you both and I'm so thankful for the blessing of motherhood!

And of course, I must wish a very Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers I am blessed to have and learn from.  Thank you Mom, Cindy, Margaret, and Betty Jo for your wonderful examples of what it means to be a mom.  I love each of you!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a relaxing Mother's Day and that your "boys" were very productive. What a lucky girl you are. I can't wait to see the blog book, it is a treasure, so glad that it is in print now. Thank you for your sweet words, as you are finding out....motherhood is the best and most rewarding part of life...it just gets better as time goes on. so proud of you and happy for you....Whitney, you are a FANTASTIC mommy. Miller is an angel and a product of your love, attention, faith, discipline and consistency.... which is a not always easy. keep it up baby girl.
    I love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete