8.23.2011

Girls' Trip

Hi friends!  Did you all think I'd suffocated from poop and was never going to return?  By the way, that same scenario happened AGAIN a couple of days later.  We are now going full-footy-zip-up pajamas for naps and bedtime.  Thankfully, I had a girls' beach trip planned for a long weekend and it was not a moment too soon.  It was supposed to be large group of my college girlfriends, but unfortunately it slowly dwindled down to just three of us.  We hated everyone couldn't be there, but it was still relaxing and fun anyway.  It was so much fun to hang out, laugh, and talk (a LOT!) with these sweet girls.  I grow more thankful for these friendships with each passing day and don't know what I'd do without them.  There's just something about girl time.  Can I get an amen?
While we had fun in Panama City, Miller stayed with Poppy & Cissy in Birmingham.  They had a busy, busy time while he was there and Miller is still talking about all that they did.  Cindy had fun playing dress-up with all of her boys' old clothes and Dad got to be his big-kid self with his grandson.
 They both look pretty pitiful in this one, but I think they were both exhausted!
 Checking out the "big choo choo"
 Dad said he was loving it until the train actually started moving...
 They went to visit Merrye Summers who is always so sweet to Miller...
 and then headed to the McWane Center.
This is funny to me.  Miller made a friend, Ryder, while they were there (my dad knows his grandfather who was with him, or something).  Anyway, I had JUST met this little cutie and his mom on Thursday when I was getting lunch with Katie.  Small world...
Sunday before church.  Bryant about croaked when he saw Miller in this sweet little outfit.
Thanks for a great long weekend, Poppy & Cissy!  Miller had so much fun and I really enjoyed the getaway!

3 comments:

  1. I can't see Ryder's face but is that Ryder McMakin? As in Ashley and Andy's son? If so you know that Andy is Julie McMakin's brother right?!?! It would make sense that your dad would know the grandfathers, either one since both Mr. McMakin and Mr. Deaton went to Alabama and I think they both played football with my dad. Anyways it may not be the same Ryder but it sure looks like it might be in the picture AND I know Ashley is friends with Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, SB! That's who it is! I had never actually met Ashley until last Thursday and Ryder was with her. When I saw the pictures my dad took I was like, "hm...that kid looks familiar" and my dad told me who it was. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang onto your girlfriends, honey, they will be with you throughout life anytime you need them, no matter what life brings. Love my girlfriends!! So glad that you get to spend time with yours.
    Miller looks exhausted....might have something to do with the Krispy Kreme donuts!!!:) He had a fun filled weekend with Pop and Cissy. I LOVE the outfits and looks like in addition to grandmother joys, Cindy was super busy as a photographer and fashion stylist. John had similar comments to Bryant's, but they are men....what do they know about clothing! Ha! Loved talking to Miller and hearing talk about the "Biiigggg Choo Choo".
    Can't wait to see you all,
    love
    Mom/Gran (GuGa)

    ReplyDelete