8.26.2011

Sweet Moments

I hope I never, ever forget moments like the one I had last night.  Since I have the world's worst memory, I better document it just in case.  

Last night after reading Bible stories and saying prayers, Miller cuddled up in my lap and let me rock him.  We do this many nights for a minute or two, but he's usually too wiggly to let it go on for too long.  Last night was very different.  He wrapped his sweet little chubby hand around mine, cuddled up close to me, and began commanding, "eyes", "nose", "lips".  For those not familiar with Millerese, "eyes" means butterfly kisses, "nose" means Eskimo kisses, and "lips" means regular kisses.  I promise you he repeated these orders at least a hundred times.  Obviously, I willingly obliged :) Every time I gave him butterfly kisses, he would explode with contagious giggles that made my heart feel like it might explode out of my chest.  After a while, his eyes began to grow heavy and I just stared at him while I rocked him.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any sweeter he'd look back into my eyes and smile.  Oh. my. goodness.  Melt me.

Now before anyone says, "I told you so" on the issue of rocking, as sweet as these moments are it makes all the difference in the world that I do not HAVE to rock him to sleep every night.  I'm so thankful that he goes to sleep on his own and that we can truly just enjoy sweet moments like this occasionally.  Just had to get my Babywise disclaimer in there ;)

Sorry again for no pictures.  I'd give anything to have had that moment captured.  This will just have to do.

1 comment:

  1. What special moments!! I will file away to pull out for you during trying times, whatever those may be....terrible two's?....middle school?.....teenage years :) Ha! Isn't wonderful that children have the ability to melt our hearts.
    Mill Mill is such a love!
    You are too, Whitney. (Haven't rocked Bryant...so I can't really comment first hand on him, but know by his loving, calm, Daddy persona that he too has that capability.)
    Love you always and forever,
    Mom/Gran (GuGa)

    ReplyDelete