8.10.2011

One of those days...

Today was one of those days.  Really, it's been one of those weeks.  Among other things, Miller napped for thirty minutes today {which is thirty minutes longer than he napped yesterday or the day before}.  I'm big on routine, so I always leave Miller in his crib for two hours during nap time {unless he's screaming his guts out or something}.   Today, although he was awake for most of the nap time, he was relatively quiet for the last hour or so.  At the end of the two hour mark, I had intentions of seeing if he might let me rock him and get a few more minutes of sleep.  I walked in and immediately smelled a dirty diaper.  I decided to leave all of the lights off and try to change him without getting him too riled up.  I had to turn on the lamp on the changing table and THANK THE LORD I did.  Disclaimer:  stop reading right now if you are squeamish about gross things. This.  will.  be.  gross. 

Poop.  Everywhere.  His hands were completely covered on all sides by it.  It was in his hair.  In his ears.  On his face.  On his clothes.  On my clothes from picking him up.  I glanced back at his crib. 
It.  was.  everywhere.  On the bed.  All over the sheets.  On the bumper.  On his blanket.  On his stuffed animals.  On the rug below his bed.  Somehow the wall behind his crib was spared.  

After two baths, a bottle of Clean-Up Clorox, two loads of laundry, and washing my hands 1, 253 times, and a fair share of gagging I think we got it all.  I tried to emphasize to Miller how very, very bad this was by telling him, "We don't play with poop."  To which he responded every time, "In da bed."  No buddy, we don't play with poop anywhere.  Got it?  Let's hope so. 

2 comments: