9.29.2011

Addison Faith Ainsworth

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know my best friend Kendall.  We've been friends since our freshman year at Auburn and I'm so blessed to have her just five minutes down the road now.  Without her and her husband, I wouldn't have met my husband.  Her boys, Hunter and Hays, are  already Miller's two best friends.  Hardly a day goes by that we don't at least talk on the phone and a week rarely goes by that we don't get together at least once.  You get the gist, she (and her whole family) are pretty important to me :)

Anyway, she delivered a beautiful baby girl on Tuesday!  Yay for fun girl stuff!!  At first everything seemed ok, but then the pediatrician started to become concerned about her rapid breathing.  He decided to admit her to the NICU at St. Vincents and after tests they discovered she has a little fluid in her lungs (or is the actual term "on" her lungs... I don't know).  Now, apparently this is kind of normal and not a huge deal since they caught it.  If she had gone home, different story.  However, now they have also diagnosed her with Group B Strep.  She has to stay in the NICU at least another eight days while she gets a full round of antibiotics.  You might remember that Kendall and Will are old pros when it comes to the NICU since their twins came so early.  I know how much Kendall was looking forward to a "normal" birth experience and I just hate that she's having to do this all over again.  Only this time, she has two other babies at home to worry about.  

My mind has been thinking about all of them constantly and I think the Lord is probably about to get tired of my prayers ;)  Please, please pray for sweet Addie.  Pray for a swift recovery and for wisdom for her doctors and nurses.  Pray for patience and peace for Kendall and Will.  Pray for the grandparents that are all helping to take care of Hunter and Hays back home.  If you'd like to do a little more than pray, here's a way you can help ease the financial burden this next week is going to bring. 

http://www.giveforward.com/addieainsworth

Thank you for your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment