12.22.2011

The Big 3-0

Yep, that's right.  Yesterday I had a pretty big birthday.  It feels really strange to say that I'm thirty and somehow I still can't quite believe it.  My friends and family didn't disappoint in making me feel loved and special.  My day began with a "happy birthday" from my baby boy {after a little prompting from my mom of course} and, per his request, a candle in my cheese toast which he helped me blow out.  After breakfast I got ready for a spa day that my sweet husband planned for me.   Kendall made plans to come along which made it even more fun.  My mom was kind enough to drive up to keep Miller so that said spa did could actually occur.  Thanks, Mom!  Kendall and I enjoyed pedicures, a yummy lunch, massages, facials, and lots of uninterrupted conversation.  So far thirty feels pretty primped and relaxed ;)  Unfortunately, we never got a picture together because we looked pretty rough most of the day.  {Gotta love the massage-oil-in-your-hair-look.}  After we got cleaned up and dressed, we did a little shopping until Bryant got to Huntsville and picked me up.  From there we went to dinner at Commerce Kitchen and then to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie.  
Add to that the many messages and calls I received from so many of you and I'd say it was a pretty fantastic day!  And as if Bryant hadn't already done enough, he gave me tickets for us to go see Wicked in February!!  Yay!  I've been wanting to see it for years and I'm so excited!

Thanks for making an old lady feel special everybody!  ;) 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a happy birthday! You think YOU can't believe that you are 30, imagine my dismay. So proud of the wonderful young women, great wife and fabulous mommy that you are. Bonus for me that I got to spend the day with Miller, such a sweetie.
    love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete