12.10.2011

Seventeen Weeks & Big News

Hello friends!  I am seventeen weeks pregnant and feeling a little guilty about my lack of documentation for this sweet second child.  I was pretty sick between around eight and fifteen weeks.  I still have occasional nausea and... well, the product of nausea :)  I have noticed an improvement in my appetite during the last week or so and food is starting to taste good again.  Hallelujah.  I lost a pound between weeks eight and twelve, but gained two pounds the next month.  So overall, I'm up one pound.  I'm pretty sure December is going to help me pack a few pounds on, especially since my appetite is returning.  I'm beginning to get a little baby bump, although I'm still in that awkward in between phase where I just feel like I have a gut.

I had some excitement on December 4th when I felt the baby move for the first time!  I love feeling this precious little life within me and I'm so thankful to be able to experience pregnancy again.  Especially now that I'm feeling a little better ;)  Hopefully we'll know the sex in about a week!!  

Now for the big news {for those of you who don't already know}...we sold our house!  Here's the story:  We had it on the market last Spring, but the house we wanted to buy sold before we could sell ours.  We took ours off the market and begin making plans to build.  We have an architectural designer working on a floor plan for us right now.  Our plan was to get the house started and then put our current house back on the market sometime this Spring or Summer depending on how the building was progressing.  We hoped there would be an ideal situation where a buyer wanted our house just as the new one was ready, but realized that more than likely we'd either be in a rental for a few months or worse, end up with two mortgages for a while.  Our old realtor called last week and asked if we'd show our house to someone who looked at it before and liked it.  We decided it couldn't hurt and wouldn't you know it, she made an offer!  After lots of prayer and a little negotiating, we feel like it's a good offer and a wise decision to go ahead and sell since the housing market is still not great.  We think we have found a rental house that we will move into in January, yes I said JANUARY.  Our closing is set for January 6th as of now.  We plan to pack up a lot of things up we can do without for a while, leave them boxed up in storage {or a garage if our rental house has one}, and live a very simple, functional life while we build. December is already such a busy month and I don't want to rush through Christmas.  I'm going to try and pack a little before Christmas, but will probably cram most of it into the last week of December and the first week of January.  Prayers for sanity over the next month or two would be greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you! We closed on our house the day we found out we are having a girl...unfortunately we are still on the hunt for the next house and Lizzy will be here in 3 months. I think these are all ways God lets us count our blessings while not getting to full of ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete