12.01.2011

Thanksgiving

Happy {very belated} Thanksgiving!  I have much to be thankful for and it was a great few days with family.  {If you have a short attention span, you may need your ritalin before reading this post - it will be long and not exactly sequential.  You've been warned.}  We went to Pop and Gran's this year and were so glad and Brad and Lauren could join us too.
We had some beautiful weather while we were there and Miller absolutely loved playing outside in all of the leaves and throwing rocks in the lake.
Brad even found some cardboard for Miller to use as a sled.  He LOVED it!
I didn't get him on video that day, but the next day I was sure to take my Flip out. 
 
I even caught Pop in on the action!


Miller was also loving eating his "pop icicle" that he helped make, until I tried to get a shot of him with Pop and Gran.  Complete meltdown {no pun intended}.
 
Once he got back in a pile of leaves, he was over it though.
 

On Thanksgiving Day, Pop and Gran whipped up quite the feast.  We started with an appetizer created by Pop:  a roasted mini pepper stuffed with goat/cream cheese, raisins, and toasted walnuts with a balsamic reduction glaze. 
I think he was saying, "I want one!"

For our second course we had Pumpkin Soup with Chili Cran-Apple Relish.
Our main meal consisted of normal Thanksgiving foods: turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, cranberry sauce.... have I forgotten anyone??

And dessert was pumpkin with white chocolate bread pudding served with a warm butter rum sauce.
I was thankful to be feeling a little better so that I could enjoy most of the delicious food, although I was still pretty picky {sorry, Pop!}

Besides all of the playing outside and the yummy meals we had, we did a lot of relaxing inside.


On Saturday, Pop and Gran watched Miller so that Bryant and I could go to Auburn for the game.  We had a good time catching up with friends and having the day to ourselves, but needless to say he was a little happier than I was.  Boo for no Christmas lights this year :(

Whew, I told you that one was gonna be a doozey.  I'll leave you with this picture:
Miller was eating broccoli, butternut squash risotto, and lobster when he pointed to a crystal candlestick and said, "Turn that candle on."  Of course Gran obliged.  He may or may not be a little spoiled.
If you stuck it out to the end, you deserve a medal!  Happy Thanksgiving blogosphere!

2 comments:

  1. It still makes me so sad that you don't get lights outside when Alabama wins..I think you need to change that rule :(

    ReplyDelete