5.17.2012

Jacob Paul Mastin

On Sunday, May 13th (Mother's Day) I woke up early after having a restless night of contractions.  Throughout the morning and lunch, I had contractions on and off but I knew that they were more intense than the Braxton Hicks contractions I've experienced since being about twenty weeks pregnant.  I was scheduled to go in on Monday morning to be induced, so while I was pretty sure it was the beginning of labor, I wasn't sure if the contractions would ever get regular enough for us to go in on our own.  I was fine with being induced, but I was really hoping Jacob would come on his own.  That afternoon, they became more consistent and when they were about four minutes apart we decided it was time to go in.  We got to the hospital around 5:00 and they decided to keep me.  I was only 2 1/2 centimeters at that point, but my contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart and things were progressing quickly.  When Celia got there I was 3 cm and she broke my water, which she said felt like it was close to breaking on its own.  Shortly after that I was 4 cm and then the next time they checked me I was 8 cm.  Celia decided to check me again in thirty minutes and when she did, she said we were ready to roll. Seven minutes and three pushes later, at 10:21 p.m., he was here!
 7 lbs 5 ounces
21 inches long
 Proud daddy!
Poppy and Cissy were sweet to keep Miller while all the action was going on, but the other sets of grandparents were there that night to meet Jacob.
We had to get a snapshot of Jacob's sweet little feet.  They seem really long, but we haven't had a chance to compare them to Miller's footprints.
We are so thankful for his health and sweet cuddly self.  The Lord has truly blessed us with his little life!  More to come soon on the rest of our hospital stay.

3 comments:

  1. He is just perfect, Whitney. And you look beautiful! So, so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that sweet baby boy! Praise the Lord for a quick, safe and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Jacob, If the labor and delivery are any indication of what is to come then you are going to be an easy child. We stepped out into the hall so Mommy could be checked and the next thing we knew we heard you crying through the door, what a powerful set of lungs!
    Your coloring was great and we were surprised by a head full of brown hair. What a blessing you are, welcome to the world little one.
    love you always and forever,
    Gran & Pop

    ReplyDelete