11.22.2009

Cathedral Caverns

We decided to get off the couch yesterday (we're sort of TV addicts) and take a trip to Cathedral Caverns. It is just about 25 minutes from our house and I was shocked by how interesting and amazing it was. How have I lived in Alabama all of my life and I've never even heard of it? I'd highly recommend it! Miller on the other hand, was not as impressed.
He slept the whole time. I guess I can't blame him though. It was cool and dark inside the cave and we had him bundled up in his stroller. I'd probably nap too. He would have probably preferred being at home and trying to eat whatever he can get close to his mouth.
This is hysterical to watch. His face sometimes looks like he really thinks he can shove the whole caterpillar in his mouth. An onlooker might think he's hungry. We've seen those chubby cheeks though. He's fine.

Well, like I said, I would highly recommend a trip to Cathedral Caverns if you've never been. For those adventurers out there, they are going to start "Wild Cave Tours" in a month or so. This is where they take you off the beaten path to some of the rooms that are more difficult to get in to. I'll probably just stick to the path. We'll definitely head back once Miller is old enough to know what's going on. It was such a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. It is nice that you are educating and traveling!!
    I can see that Miller was enthralled!! What a precious little boy.
    But I am a little prejudice.
    love
    Gran and Pop

    ReplyDelete