3.10.2010

My first attempt...

This weekend my mom and John came up to visit.  On Friday night they watched Miller so that Bryant and I could go on a date night.  We are so blessed to have so many grandparents who are willing to babysit so that Bryant and I can continue to spend alone time together occasionally.  Saturday went by in a whirlwind!   My mom helped me refresh some sewing skills and learn a few new ones then we took a break for we lunch followed by a little shopping.  The night ended with steaks (thanks Bryant!) and my mom and I finishing up my first outfit since she and John had to leave in the morning. It was such a great visit, but of course, too short.  So quick in fact that I did not take a single picture from their visit!  We joked that we should have finished the entire outfit before we went and bought who-knows-how-many yards of fabric for future rompers.  :)  I'm trying to remind myself that the more I practice, the easier they will be to make.  My next step is to learn how to applique.  My mom gave me a quick tutorial, but I will of course need to practice before actually putting one on an outfit.  If anyone has any great tips for appliqueing let me know!  Here is the final product.  Nothing amazing, but I am so proud to have at least finished it!!
{Yes, those are safety pins.  I had not quite figured out how to sew button holes when I was trying it on Miller.}

4 comments:

  1. ahh, i'm so jealous! i start sewing lessons at the end of the month and CAN'T wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It!!!! (and those arms)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the outfit. I spent many years making things for my kids. You bring back happy memories. Now that I think about it I may have made something for Bryant also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! PLEASE come teach me how to use my sewing machine! :) Also, what embroidery machine do you have?

    ReplyDelete